Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo G50-80 turns off after few seconds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo G50-80 turns off after few seconds.

Hello everybody

I am facing to a consistent problem with my mother's Lenovo G50-80 with ACLU4-NMA361 motherboard. CPU is Core i5 5200U and GPU R5 M330. When I plug on AC adapter or turn it on by button, power led (LED4) is on and fan starts to spin and all stops few seconds later.

First, I removed BGA GPU R5 M330 because package was physically brocken. NO CHANGE

I measured several voltages following what should be normal power sequence :
    A1) VIN : 20V
    A2) B+ : 20V
    B2) +3VLP : 3.37V
    A3) EC_ON : 3.37V
    B3) ON/OFF 3.37V button not pressed, 0V when pressed
    A4) +3VALW : 3.38V
    1) DPWROK_EC : 3.37V
    2) PCH_PWR_EN# : 3.38V
    3) +3VALW_PCH : 3.37V
    4) PCH_RSMRST#_R : 3.37V
    5) PBTN_OUT# after button press : 3.3V for 350ms, 0V for 100ms, then 3.3V continuous
    6) PM_SLP_S3# : 3.3V for 300ms and then 0V
    PM_SLP_S4# : 3.3V for 300ms and then 0V
    7) SYSON : 3.3V
    8) SUS_VCCP : 3.3V for 400ms and then 0V
    9) SUSP#: 5V for 400ms and then falling to 0V

+CPU_CORE : 1.65V for 400ms and then 0V
    I removed PJ707 (solder shunt B+ to +VGA_B+), changed nothing.

When I remove PQ40(CPU phase High-side MOSFET), the laptop seems to NOT turn off (power led still brighting, voltages present,...) but obviously, +CPU_CORE is 0V… so cannot boot.

Idem when I remove PJ708 (solder shunt B+ to PQ40 drain) or (PL9 self of the phase).

I don't find any short, I removed PQ40, test it : was OK, change it, same result.

Strange fact : On circuit, measured resistance on PQ40 between source and drain is more than 250kohms but when I plug AC adapter, remove it and measure this resistance, it drops to 1.2ohms for lots of minutes (problem or capa discharging ?)

I don't know what to do, please could you help me ?

Thanks

Re: Lenovo G50-80 turns off after few seconds.

History? Known good compatible RAM? Tried to flash the BIOS?
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: Lenovo G50-80 turns off after few seconds.

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      History? Known good compatible RAM? Tried to flash the BIOS?
      It has made this suddenly. My mother has given it to my father but he broke the GPU trying to remove the heatsink. I tried different RAM modules DDR3 ans DDR3L known good. I flashed the BIOS with RT809H but not sure that the dump is good. NO CHANGE

Comment

Working...
      X