Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macbook air 820 - 00165 fan spin, PPVCC_S0_CPU present, No green Light, No Chime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook air 820 - 00165 fan spin, PPVCC_S0_CPU present, No green Light, No Chime

Hello, greetings everyone. I NEED YOUR HELP

I got this macbook that doesn't turn on, I don´t have a green light, but it's got a fan spin for a few minutes and after it's off.

This macbook comes in without damage from liquid spill.

The story of the Mac is that the screen closes and left without use for two days. Then they try to turn on and it won't turn on. Then they connect the charger and it doesn't give light.

It´s a Macbook Air 2017

Please help me understand how this works... Correct me if I'm wrong in my way of analyzing.

From Louis Rossman's videos, I understood that I need 3.42 v to generate the other voltages.

I understand, I need to have a green light to generate 8.6 v pbus_g3h, But I have 8.6v and I don't have a green light.

I think I have all the right voltages because PM_PCH_SYS_PWROK is present. (3.4v)

Some measurements:

SYS_ONEWIRE =3.1 v
    PLT_RESET_L = 0v
    PPVCC_S0_CPU = 1.8 v

Observations: connect a mouse to the usb port and lights up.

Questions:
    1.- What signs of voltages do I need to turn on the green light?
    2.- Why do you turn on the fan if I don't have a green light?
    3.- What have they done in similar flaws?

thank you in advance for your time and your advice:

Re: Macbook air 820 - 00165 fan spin, PPVCC_S0_CPU present, No green Light, No Chime

Try with other Magsafe, DC-in board and DC-in FFC.
    Missing PLT_RESET_L: check https://logi.wiki/index.php/Bootup_S..._and_Broadwell
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: Macbook air 820 - 00165 fan spin, PPVCC_S0_CPU present, No green Light, No Chime

Try another magsafe, change the DC-in board, try three different flex.

confirm and I have voltage in PLT_RESET_L = 3.3 v

I still don't have a green light. What do you recommend?

Comment

Working...
      X