Vizio E70-E3 Two white vertical lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E70-E3 Two white vertical lines

I picked up a Vizio E70-E3 for free that shows Vizio logo and then goes to a black screen. Original owner said he started having wifi issues and then he tried to reset the TV and that's when it wouldn't boot up any longer after his reset attempt. I picked up a replacement main board from eBay that matches the same model # board as the original from the TV.

Original main board - Shows Vizio logo when TV powers on, then goes to black screen. Doesn't boot up. No screen issues with any lines on start up Vizio logo.

Replacement main board - Boots up fine, but starting Vizio logo and anything on screen display has two vertical white lines. One on far left and one in the middle.

eBay seller stated at first that my TV had multiple types/models of T-con boards and requested a picture of my T-con board. Then he stated the board I bought wasn't compatible. Now he came back and said that it was a 100% tested board and that I may have a faulty T-con board.

How can I be certain my T-con board is good? I'm able to return the main board for a refund. I would think if the original board that doesn't boot NEVER has the white lines in the screen that it would tell me that the T-con is fine. It's only any time the replacement main board is installed that I get the lines.

I probably should have dug into my original issue before purchasing a replacement main board, but I don't have a rework station or any way to microsolder yet.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by brad2157; 12-13-2021, 05:44 PM.

Re: Vizio E70-E3 Two white vertical lines

Put the original board back in and see if the line is there when the Vizio logo appears. If not then I don’t think it’s your tcon.
    Usually those lines are caused from the cof tabs on the lcd panel. Ive never seen a bad tcon with a single line either. Usually it’s a bunch of lines or no picture at all.

You may have damaged the panel working on it. If you still see the white lines with your original main board you can try replacing the tcon but I’m almost certain the panel is damaged and it’s not the tcon
    Last edited by Storyteller12; 12-13-2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
      Put the original board back in and see if the line is there when the Vizio logo appears. If not then I don't think it's your tcon.
      Usually those lines are caused from the cof tabs on the lcd panel. Ive never seen a bad tcon with a single line either. Usually it's a bunch of lines or no picture at all.

You may have damaged the panel working on it. If you still see the white lines with your original main board you can try replacing the tcon but I'm almost certain the panel is damaged and it's not the tcon
      I did put the original main board back in and there are no lines on the screen. It just won't actually “boot up” with the original board in. The seller says that because the original board wouldn't come up, it's possible the t-con is bad since it has the white lines with the replacement board that does boot up. I thought otherwise, but I'm also new to this. I think I'll send the board back and try to find another board OR try to see if I can locate what caused the original board to go bad.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

It shows the Vizio logo on the original board correct? It just won’t boot.

If you don’t see the line when the Vizio logo shows than it’s not the tcon making the lines.

Comment

It shows the Vizio logo on the original board correct? It just won't boot.

If you don't see the line when the Vizio logo shows than it's not the tcon making the lines.
          Yes, that's correct. The original board does not show any lines when the Vizio logo comes up, it just won't boot.

Comment

Then the replacement board you got is defective. The lines would be there all the time if your tcon or lcd screen was bad.

Comment

Then the replacement board you got is defective. The lines would be there all the time if your tcon or lcd screen was bad.
              That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure before I return the main board. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Keep us posted if a new mainboard fixes it.

Comment

Keep us posted if a new mainboard fixes it.
                  I'll report back once I get another replacement board in.

Comment

Received replacement main board in today and found out it’s not the correct board. Already purchased another board from a different eBay seller. Once it comes in, hopefully it will work out.

Comment

Received the other replacement main board in. That DID FIX the video and loading issue. Now I can’t get any of the quick launch buttons to respond on the remote (netflix, hulu, etc..). That’s my next issue to tackle. Hoping a SW firmware load will fix it.

Comment

Working...
                      X