Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP 19 All-in-one, White charger light on, Does not power on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 19 All-in-one, White charger light on, Does not power on.

Hi guys, I have this Computer that is getting power all over the board, even at the power button connection, i did a very good inspection with Microscope but still could find anything out of the ordinary, No water damage.
    I even removed the power jack and still nothing.
    Any suggestions?

Re: HP 19 All-in-one, White charger light on, Does not power on.

reflash bios.

Comment

wow, its weird how bios can cause this.. Can it be flashed using usb? or do i have to find a dump and program it?

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktek View Post
        wow, its weird how bios can cause this.. Can it be flashed using usb? or do i have to find a dump and program it?
        You need to find a dump and program it with a spi programmer. Check hp site for bios.

Comment

Ok thanks, only things is HP website all has .exe files, how do i get a .bin from that?

Comment

Ok thanks, only things is HP website all has .exe files, how do i get a .bin from that?
            Post your old bios here with complete pc model number and mb markings if any. I'll try to help you.

Comment

Here you go. Markings on chip:
              Winbond
              25Q32FVSIG 1412

Board markings:
              AMPKB-PT
              Rev:1.02
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                Post your old bios here with complete pc model number and mb markings if any. I'll try to help you.
                Check it out, above this post.

Comment

Could this possibly be the SIO it8528e?? How do i check this chip to see if its working correctly?

Comment

Your bios backup is almost blank. So either your bios is definitely corrupt or the backup was not proper.

Since i could'nt verify your backup bios , still i'm attaching hp official bios you can try.

There are 3 types of bios in this series-so might not match-but still you can try.

Goodluck
                    Attached Files

Comment

Your bios backup is almost blank. So either your bios is definitely corrupt or the backup was not proper.

Since i could'nt verify your backup bios , still i'm attaching hp official bios you can try.

There are 3 types of bios in this series-so might not match-but still you can try.

Goodluck
                      Thanks buddy, i will try this bios now, first ill see if i can retrieve more using a different eeprom.

Comment

How about this one? i Used a different Programmer.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Blacktek; 03-13-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

How about this one? i Used a different Programmer.
                          backup this time seems ok. Your bios is dai 8004 and i have uploaded dai 8006 which is newer. It should work as long as it is bios issue. If you face win licence and serial number missing then that can be fixed later. But first check whether you get display.

Comment

no powe no display, charge/power light from the power brick is ON but when i press the power button nothing happens.

Comment

So not a bios issue. Schematic available for your mb?? If not then pickup another schematic with same SIO and try to check voltages at sio pins. You may get some clue.

Comment

So not a bios issue. Schematic available for your mb?? If not then pickup another schematic with same SIO and try to check voltages at sio pins. You may get some clue.
                                Good idea, i have over 20 laptop boards and none have this SIO, ill check the web.

Comment

It Happened again on a replacement board!! Ordered new board, installed it and it worked for a few days, Its been a couple of days since i dont turn it on, now i tried to use it but its DEAD AGAIN, SAME SYMPTOMS.
                                  Power all around the board, even the power button. but nothing happens when pressed. this is a replacement board from ebay. it worked for a few days now its dead.
                                  RTC/Coin Cell battery was 2.7v, replaced it but still the same.

PLEASE HELP!

Comment

No one?

Comment

Have you tried a different power brick. Is it a standard hp latop charger ,with sense pin.
                                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                        Have you tried a different power brick. Is it a standard hp latop charger ,with sense pin.
                                        Bingo!! Bad/Wrong Charger

Comment

Working...
                                        X