Sony KD-65X750F - no lights/picture/sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KD-65X750F - no lights/picture/sound

I searched the forum first, but could not locate anything with this model Sony TV.

Sony KD-65X750F

There's good AC power going into power supply board. There is no standby light lit on the TV / no picture / no sound using either remote control OR power button on TV. I'm new at troubleshooting TV's, so here are the measurements I took. I am leaning toward thinking it's a main board issue, but wanted to see what others with experience thought. Anything I can go further test to help isolate the issue?

CN6401 Connector Pin measurements:

ODD Pins:
    1 NC - 0 VDC
    3 BL_ON - 0 VDC
    5 STBY3 3V - 3.48 VDC
    7 AC_OFF_DET - 3.48 VDC
    9 POWER ON - 0 VDC
    11 GND - 0 VDC
    13 REG12V - 0 VDC
    15 REG12V - 0 VDC
    17 REG12V - 0 VDC
    19 GND - 0 VDC
    21 GND - 0 VDC
    23 GND - 0 VDC
    25 TCON_VCC 12V - 0 VDC
    27 TCON_VCC 12V - 0 VDC

EVEN Pins:
    2 DC_DIMMER - 0.007 VDC
    4 PWM_DIMMER - 0.001 VDC
    6 BLINKING (0.5 - 0.8 VDC range) fluctuating
    8 BL_EAR - 0.039 VDC
    10 GND - 0 VDC
    12 GND - 0 VDC
    14 REG 12V - 12.74 VDC
    16 REG 12V - 12.74 VDC
    18 REG 12V - 12.74 VDC
    20 GND - 0 VDC
    22 GND - 0 VDC
    24 TCON_ON - 0 VDC
    26 TCON_VCC 12V - 0 VDC
    28 TCON_VCC 12V - 0 VDC

CAP 6524 Voltage across pins = 391 VDC
    D6201 Voltage between gnd = 3.48 VDC
    D6202 Voltage between gnd = 3.48 VDC

Re: Sony KD-65X750F - no lights/picture/sound

You seem to be getting no power on signal. Some board pictures and numbers would be helpful. You probably have a fuse on mainboard and voltages to check.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      You seem to be getting no power on signal. Some board pictures and numbers would be helpful. You probably have a fuse on mainboard and voltages to check.
      I apologize for not including any pictures on my initial post.

Here are some pictures of the power and main boards. I took three pictures of the main board, one complete picture and two half pictures, so I could get better up close views.
      Attached Files

Comment

I see plenty of fuse markings on mainboard but no fuses. You should have some voltages on the raised square inductors. First one having a 2R2 on it. They should be low 1.1, 1.8vdc to supply power to main processor. You should also have a red light from your ir port. looks like it is to left of hdmi ports with little door on it. Should be lit if board is powered up.

Comment

Do know the history of this TV? How did it stop working?
          Possibly it's bricked, you can try hard reset.
          No status LED at all?

Comment

I see plenty of fuse markings on mainboard but no fuses. You should have some voltages on the raised square inductors. First one having a 2R2 on it. They should be low 1.1, 1.8vdc to supply power to main processor. You should also have a red light from your ir port. looks like it is to left of hdmi ports with little door on it. Should be lit if board is powered up.
            Thank you! I'll look at it tomorrow and see what I can find out voltage wise on those inductors. I'll also check for the red light as well.

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
              Do know the history of this TV? How did it stop working?
              Possibly it's bricked, you can try hard reset.
              No status LED at all?

I got the TV for free from the original owner. All he told is that it just quit working one day. I know that's really generic, but that's all I know. There's no status LED lit at all.

Comment

Inductor voltages on main board:

Measurements between inductor @ ground
                2R2 = 3.34 VDC (above Sony BCX printed on board)
                1RO = 1.04 VDC (to left of processor / white cover)
                2R2 = 5.16 VDC (top right-hand side of board above HDMI connectors)

There is no red light on optical port to the left of the HDMI ports at any time.

Comment

Hard to diagnose mainbord over internet. Hard enough with it in front of you. There is a connector with grey and white wires. Should be going to ir and buttons on tv. They should have around 3.3v. If you find the one to power button or ir when you press buttons voltage should change if working.

Comment

Hard to diagnose mainbord over internet. Hard enough with it in front of you. There is a connector with grey and white wires. Should be going to ir and buttons on tv. They should have around 3.3v. If you find the one to power button or ir when you press buttons voltage should change if working.
                    Thank you for all the input on this! I went ahead and bought a used main board to see if that fixes the issue. I'll report back once I get it in and installed. I may be able to further isolate checking between the good and bad boards.

Comment

I installed the used replacement main board and that fixed my issue. I don’t have a lot of time to try to isolate the issue on the original board anytime soon, but I may try to do that at some point.

Comment

Working...
                      X