This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone, my forum name is MaartenB47, first name Maarten and then my year of build. Living in rural East of the Netherlands.
    Am a retired oilprocessing engineer, have been playing with electronics since I was 6.
    In summer I have to work in the garden around my farm, but now it's winter and time for the soldering iron and Arduino!

Comment

Hello
      Bob here
      Seeking help on repairing a Samsung PN50A450P1D Plasma TV with a pink screen
      Thanks

Comment

Hi everyone, just decided to join your forums. I found this place when I was searching for BIOS dump for my DELL E6400 laptop. I am from Ukraine.

Comment

Just A hello from me, I am a workshop bench engineer for a Tv and audio repair shop.
          Repairing LCD and LED ,Plasma, and all types of audio inc pro gear. Also lighting effect units for clubs and pubs, and travelling fairgrounds.
          Hope I can be of some help on here.

Comment

Hello. Name is Josh for some reason I could not post with my last username so trying to re-register to be able to post.

Comment

Joined to get advice troubleshooting a broken TV. Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Comment

I was looking for information on a Sharp LC-60LE640U LED TV, and came across this site that appears to have some very good information and some really knowledgeable members. Hopefully, I can find the info I need; PSU schematic for the above mentioned TV.

As for my background I have worked in the electronics field for some 35 years. It all started with technical school training, then working as a radio engineer at WZZK in Birmingham, AL, and then moving to the defense industry where I worked on Infrared Systems for some 30 years. In the early days it was mostly component troubleshooting on a wide array of equipment that included video, servo control, and power supplies. Towards the end and with all the advancements in technology the majority of my time was spent loading system software and recovering corrupted FPGA's and CPLD's.

Comment

Hello. I'm working in a mobile phone repair shop, however I also have some experience in automotive domain, like ECU diagnosis, software flashing and repair.

Comment

Hello Everybody!

I´m Eddie and I´m pretty happy that I´ve found this fine place!

Greets

Comment

Hello everyone from Argentina!!

Comment

Greetings to everyone from Germany :-)

Comment

Hello everybody,
                          I found this forum very informative and I hope that I can get and share some more knowledge and experience regarding the capacitors/condensers.\
                          Cheers,
                          Mladen

Comment

Hi there, Chris from Wales in the U.K.
                            Been in and out of electronics since 1980.
                            Just been given a toshiba with no power and asked to fix it.
                            Found badcaps great site

Comment

Hi all, Alan here from sunny Birmingham.
                              Looking to find out information on how to repair my aged Samsung LE40A656A1F LCD TV.
                              Had it repaired once a while ago and now feel I want to repair it myself this time around to save a few pennies rather than forking out for a new TV.
                              Currently into PC support so feel fairly confident in dismantling the set, just need to find out the right parts.

Comment

Heya, just hoping to glean some knowledge from the veterans of the forum.

I've always loved tinkering with electronics but I've had no formal training and am struggling to tackle a few larger, component level repairs I have run into.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few things while I'm here.

Comment

Hello my name is Marty and im from the boothill of Missouri. I like to to take something that is not working and either get it working or use it to get something else working. I have 2 yrs of electronic study at paducah Kentucky. Didnt finish the lastb6 weeks of the last semester. We did 3 semesters a year long story why i didnt finish. That is a whole thread in itself. Well that was in 1989. My instructor told me that what i learn here at school would be obsolete in three years. Well for the next 18 years i contracted drywall. The Family business every uncke and cousim on my mothers side of the family were drywallers. Well git tired of the feast and famine lifestyle. So i moved to Waco Texas. I had order cable and a sub showed up and installed my services. That caught my attention and ask about get started. Long story short i hound his company until they hired me. With this job i had to have a computer (first one i ever owned) well installing cable, phone, and internet got back into electronics what i wanted to do in 89. Well i started with tinkering with computers. And such then it went to laptops mainly doing OS installs installinf hard drives etc well that was in 2004. I didnt progress much because install cable is a 6 days a week 12 hr days. Well 2hrs ago i became diasble. So now i had all this time on my hands and trust me i was going insane. So started buying broken computers tv printers and such. And attempted fixing them. As things have prigress i have gotten into more advance fixes. Thanks for the world wide web. I have been very very fortunate and fixed alot if things. But i have also sent things to the boneyard. Well now im hooked and love learning. I feel that experience is the best teacher. Its like my dad use to tell me. He say son i could tell you a 1000 times not to touch that hot pan on the woodstove cause it will burn you. And you wont remember me telling you that. But if i just let you grab the hot pan just once I gaurntee you i will never have to tell you to touch that pan again. At 5 years of age i really didnt understand that. Until i grabbed that pan. Anyway im hear to read the forums and learn. Also habe a zenith z60pv220 plasma im working on. Was given to me but still trying to understand how the PFC circuit works. When i plug it up it blows fuse f801. When u power it on it clicks stand by light comes on then off flashes a few times fades away then it will click again stand by light will stay on until i hit power again and the cycle repeats. I beleive a reoair kit will fix it. But i want to know how to works. First power supply i habe worked with like this. Most of the ones i fixed are nicad chargers and laptop chargers usually diode. But i am starting a new learning curve . Thank you i habe more info and will post when i can start a new thread dont want to jump someone elses thread that are similair but im keeping tabs on them. Glad i found this place

Comment

Hello members i am new here

Comment

Hello from Baltimore

Was going to buy a new TV over black friday but decided to take an old busted one from my uncle and try to fix it. So far no good, but I've found a few forms that have similar issues so I'll keep trying.

Comment

Hello from Somerset.

I managed to pick up some 90' Silicon Graphics gear and a lot of it needs TLC and some soldering to keep things going. Will be looking for some assistance on PSU's mostly.

Comment

Greetings from Hungary'

Comment

Working...
                                          X