This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I am retired and like to tinker with broken electronics. Nothing to complicated though. I found this website and saw that it was very helpful to others so I thought I would join in. Thanks for adding me

Comment

Hie, i am Walter from South Africa. am glad to join you guys been fixing staff since i realized i am gonna be a tech(lol). It's good to be here.

Comment

Hi Benchmarkd here long time stalked just joined BadCaps,

About me. I've been a telecommunications tech for over a decade. In work I mostly fault to card level apart from the very old systems where we go to component level. I've designed and built some small systems bassed on the Arduino platform for use in work to extend alarm systems over service channels but nothing major.

Education is mainly Electronics Engineering sub degree level.

I typically get thrown TV's, Projectors and Laptops by friends and family so I'm often snopping around online

Comment

Hi, I'm a software engineer and have built some simple digital circuits. I have a multimeter and understand the basic function of various components, but am not an expert.

I did manage to replace a cap on my refrigerator control board which saved $1000.

My Dell 2408wfp refuses to turn on so am looking to troubleshoot and fix it if is not too complicated. Can't see any obvious problems. Will post photos in one of the 2408wfp threads.

Thanks!

Comment

hi,everyone

Comment

Originally posted by nikhilkp View Post
              hi,everyone

Comment

Re: Hello!

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Just noticed this original “introduction” forum. I find it nice to know other members better, so let's introduce myself too. But first I want to mention my old computer junk hanging out somewhere in the house. My first computer was a Philips P2000. This was a robust reliable machine and my exemplar was a limited edition with 512 Kb memory (64 was standard). I tried some assembler programming and that was YUK! I agree 100% with Topcat if it is about machine code or 3GL programming languages. My second computer was a Philips MSX-II. Played with Turbo Pascal, Basic, but still YUK… Switched from XT to Pentium 60 MHz, PIII 500 MHz and my actual computer a HP Pavilion t370. This computer is the only one so far that broke down (4 months), so I ended up here!
                Programming was YUK, I found computers boring, so I got a Masters Degree in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, but no (paid) work available in Europe. I work nowadays as Oracle Software Engineer and that is NOT YUK! I enjoy my work as long I have regularly contact with customers and 4GL Case Tools are much nicer than 3GL tools. So, I know a lot about databases, learned a lot about viruses and have quite much knowledge about Sun Solaris and Windows.
                I enjoy driving (2,5 hours/day), hanging out with friends, searching and consuming good wines and travelling. I'm 34 years old, living in the South of Holland, as far ‘South' bears any meaning in this small country, and I'm married with a Romanian. I hope too that this forum will be a success and I'll try to contribute.

Greeting,

Michael

Comment

Hello everyone :-)

Comment

Hello, I'm an electronic engineer from Brazil looking for a good source of repair info. Found this site from some youtube video on tv fix.

Comment

Hello everyone I'm trying to fix my Vestel crap TV

Comment

Hi at all.
                        Once upon a time my work are electronics.
                        Now i am retired but my hobby is ... electronics!
                        I am here searching for a manual but, my be in the next time, i have to say of my hobby with a member; i have worked on radio frequency, computer, Cad/Cae and microcontroller (language C for Atmel & Microchip).
                        Well, sorry for my English; i am Italian, i speack very little English and write with many errors.
                        Ciao dalla citta' della Torre Pendente (Pisa)
                        Angelo

Comment

Hello everyone..
                          I was always wondered how things works so i just open them up..
                          I'm just a guy who loves to learn technology and how it works..
                          I don't have much to say..
                          I'm just a guy who always im seek of new things.. maybe i learm something new here too.
                          Btw.. you can call me elvin

Comment

Hey there, Hello from Belize, Central America. I hope to start TV repair business down here replacing bad components on boards rather than whole boards. reason being, boards cost a crap load of money to import here, but capacitors are cheap as borscht. Thanks for letting me in to your community.

Comment

Hello From Australia

Hi Guys and Girls
                              Wayne From Morwell Victoria Australia Here
                              I love the Forum , So helpfull
                              As a Technician for 30plus years , this will feel like home
                              Looking forward to chatting as sharing our Electronic knowledge with you all

cheers
                              Wayne

Comment

Sidepark here thank you,
                                Electronic repair has mostly been my hobby for the past 40 years. Got started by my father who worked at Univac and Sperry rand on early computer systems,got me hooked on his Heathkit projects. So after building several pieces of equipment I started to repair old radios and televisions and I always appreciate someone else's insight into a problem I might be facing.

Comment

Yo. It's me.

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

Hi everyone, I hope to learn a lot.
                                      Greetings from the Netherlands

Comment

Hello everyone!

I'm from Hungary and I like retro computers, I hope to find some help here...
                                        Thanks for letting me join.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                          I am an electrical engineer from Bosnia. My hobby is fixing electronic devices, so I hope to learn improve my troubleshooting/repair knowledge on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X