X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Gang,
    I'm B Sea living in the remote boonies of beautiful British Columbia. I'm very thankful to all those posters who provided competent information in repairing my Philips DVD player. Excellent pertinent info.
    Although my vocation dealt with health care, I'm a computer nut (perhaps I shouldn't just limit myself to computers) since our first Commodore PET! I had trouble with 'basic' b/c vague recollections of Fortran IV kept screwing me up. There now you know how (really) old I am.
    Great Group,
    B Sea

Comment

Hi, I am Ken and I like to tinker with electronics and learn new things.

Comment

Hello, first post and shtuff.
        Name's Taylor, got some minimal experience/knowledge of electronics and recently my screen broke down, which has brought me here. Hoping to fix it, as it will be educational and, maybe, fun... oh and I get to keep my screen.

Comment

Hi, Exador41 here. Trying to fix my daughter's Gateway MA7 power problem. Thanks for the tips. I will let you know how things turn out. Have fixed similar problems on earlier Compaq and HP laptops before.

Comment

Ok Gaz is the name ..just learning out with this Electronic stuff ..dont worry i wont be a pain...i can read ...and will only ask when all routes Exhausted ..or if i am seeking clarification ...record up to now ..3 plasmas repaired ..nothing dynamic i know ....but hey i was laying floor tiles a year ago .

Comment

Hi
              Good day
              I am from Iran
              I am electronic engineer
              I hope very good site
              Thank
              HOSSEIN SHABANIAN

Comment

hi everyone, my toshiba a300-29n gave up on me, and luckily to have stumbled into this forum and now i know that the culprit is the nec/tokin bad cap, hoping to get it fix soon.

Comment

Hi im from Portugal and since i was a kid i always loved to fix things the firth thing i remember fixing was a Walkman that has a burnt resistor.
                  Without fear i opened the machine i bought a cheap soldering iron and find the same resistor in a dead radio and...hurray! It worked.(i didn't knew anything about electronics)
                  I´m a self tough guy and i have my own business in repairing computers video game consoles and mobile phones, i run it from my office at home.
                  I know this forum some time ago but just joined now, because i started to do component level repair in moterboard in laptops and i hope i learn a lot in here.
                  I love to help to when i can!

Comment

Hello to everyone,

I live in Munich, Germany, I am a SW project manager holding an EE degree (Diplom) by TUM, and I am an AES member.

I stumbled upon this forum because my HP L1955 LCD display went dark. Disassembly of the monitor was not self-explanatory but I found instructions on www.hp.com (disassembly_monito_2006112713913.pdf). Next step was to examine the power supply (inverter) board (Benq 48.L1A02.A31) which showed some hot spots but no obvious damage. Thanks to this forum I found at least 4 damaged components but I am still searching for board schematics so as to not overlooking anything before replacing parts.

Comment

Hello!
                      I m from Croatia and forum topics are interesting me

Comment

Howdy all! I've been having to troubleshoot my TV for some time now and this is the first forum that really seemed to know what was wrong with it.

Armed with the info here i think that I can get the job done and save about $400.00 on a new set.

Comment

Hi all, I am new to any forums. I have a hard time disposing of things that may still work. I currently have an Late 2006 Duo core iMac torn apart and noticed the partially blown capacitors on the power supply, which led me to this forum. I am hoping to repair it for a few bucks vs. buying a $100+ new/rebuilt power supply.

Comment

Hello, My name is Todd, I am Thoughtwave64.
                            As a new member to this forum, I hate to admit that I'll probably be more of a leecher than a source of help; more questions than answers for sure!
                            But, remember, "A wise man learns more from a fool's question, than a fool learns from a wise mans answer", (minus the fool part in my case because both Q/A will benefit me.)
                            I am a do-it-yourself person, but electronics of this nature are new to me. I'm not much of a forum person, so I have no clue what I will gain or bring to this site, but I look forward to resolving the unknowns and issues I have faced when working with this type of electronics. Cheers!

Comment

Hi, I'm new, just a end customer trying to solve some troubles at my dreambox 500s electronic device. I believe younger technicians and students today doesn't pay too much attention to analog electronics and are more concerned about digital issues. The problem is the analog, like power supplies are, so far, the main problem at all and will be forever, since power is the thing- (of course the rest of the analog components are important too). Technicians that really understand the analogical devices are getting rare. Hope this forum promote more knowledge for this mean.
                              Best Regards, thanks.

Comment

I found this forum on a Google search. I like to fix anything I can take apart. I always have found the DYI approach to serve me well. I have a backround in electronics, but I don't get to play every day I have appreciate all the history and knowledge in this forum. Hopefully at some point I can give back some..

Comment

Hello everyone
                                  I found this place when I was searching for how to re flash the eprom chip on a vizio TV, looks like a great place to hang out and maybe learn something
                                  I am 55 and fix electronics & appliances and anything else I can get my hands on.
                                  Look forward to learning and inputting.

Comment

Hello from Belgrade, Serbia.

My name is Sasa. I am a BSc of computer science.

I have done work in many areas more or less connected with computers. I have been building and selling computer systems for many years in early 2000's. In between I have done some computer service, networks, some basic software development, ...
                                    But, nowadays I am mostly doing automotive diagnostics.

I found this place in search of a place where I can learn how to do component level repairs on electronic circuits. I have some theoretical knowledge that allowed me to make a few small electronic devices, but I do not know nothing of troubleshooting electronic circuits. In that area I have not done anything more than change a few relays and bulged caps.

That's all for now...

Comment

Hi my name is Bill, I was originally a Kiwi, but have been residing in Perth Western Australia for over 30 years, I'm a retired Electrician with an interest in electronics, and this forum seems to have some amazing info, not to mention colourful members.

Comment

Hi,
                                        I am from india an electronic engineer 39yrs with 16yrs exp in servicing consumer electronics and computer i specialize in chip level of branded laptops have my own business and import bga components and spares.

Comment

Hello

I am from the United States and have ran across this forum in researching my Toshiba Laptop problems. It seems as if this forum has alot of very helpfull people and should continue to be a success.

Comment

Working...
                                          X