Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 50PA4500 Clicking troubleshooting HELP please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PA4500 Clicking troubleshooting HELP please...

Originally posted by skyver View Post
    i cant post a new topic as im a new member but

I have a 60PA6500

It switches between either

*constant relay click

or

*stuck in some standby mode where the screen is on but blank , power LEF is red and control board D101 Led blinks fast then slow then pauses

weird thing is every now and again the TV works fine for a few days then back to this.

when its in its constant relay click boot it will do this with just the power and main board connected and all other boards unplugged

any help an ideas?

POWER SUPPLY EAX64276701/11 EAY62609801
    You should probably start a new thread for this since its a different TV and problem...
    Read this, https://www.badcaps.net/forum/announcement.php?f=24
    Try to read the other stickys on the top of TV troubleshooting page on how to proceed.

Comment

In regards to the 1250v 22nF PP cap that needs replacing, can a Pilkor 1600v 47nF PP be used as a replacement? I have 2 of these lying around doing nothing. Failing that I have a 1250v 47nF and a 1250v 39nF in spare power supplies that could be borrowed. Failing that I can order one as well. Would it be wise to order a 1600v 22nF just to make it a bit more failure proof?

Comment

It needs to be 22nF. 1250V or 1600V should be ok. Maybe 1600V will have a longer lifespan.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for that Tom.

Comment

Ok. The capacitor replacement went well. The TV ran fine for 2 days then stopped. I took it apart again checked everything, took out the top buffer board and the tv fired up on the bottom half of the screen. The model of the tv is 50PM6700. It is a 3D tv, but I have found it has the same panel as The PA4500 and PA6500 and probably others. I looked for the plastic tab that breaks and cuts into the ribbon cable on the top but can't find it. The top IC on the buffer tested bad. What is the chance of it being just the buffer. From what I read it looks low.
            Cheers

Pete

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Fwrothy View Post
                Ok new cap in and board remounted in chassis...
                Left all cables but AC disconnected.
                Powered up psu-ONE RELAY CLICK!
                Checked voltages at main cap- ~390vdc
                Jumped M-on to STBY, all voltages including VSTP & VATP check out.
                Power down, reconnect Y&Z sus cable and main board cable.
                Plugged it back in and it Works!
                To piggyback on this same issue: I replaced the cap, all voltages check out. I get one click without mainboard connected, one click with m-on and stby jumpered, and repeated clicks when mainboard is connected. Mainboard needs replacing?

Comment

How i can put a picture here? I did a schematic of the LG PA50PA4500 and i want to ask some questions. Thanks

Comment

So here it is.

I can unplug any wire or ribon and the clicking noise does NOT stop. Clicking as soon i plug in it without pressing on any buton. Only way to stop the clicking noise is unplug the conection between point 2 to 2(power suply and main board) If my understanding is good i am supos to get 17v from ground to where is the blue wire but i get nothing. After that im kind of stock and don't know where to go. Hopefully someone is gonna be able to help me. Thanks guys!!

Alexis
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey guys,

i just did test the power suply board it self on my work table and if i plug the power cord on it i get 47 vols on every pin of both connector, the one going to the ZSUS and the other going to the main. After i did re-instal the board on in the tv panel, plug the power cord on it without pluging any of the 2 boards and i get 0 volts on any of the pins conectors. Unscrew the panel then test it again in place but without any screw and back to 47 volts on every pins. There is something i don't understand here.... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
                        Ok so unplug the lead on the mainboard and put in your jumper between PSON and Stby
                        Usually it's pin1 - pin3
                        Hook it up like this:

Turn on powersupply if it continues to click over and over then your power supply is at fault.
                        Its more than likely will be your power supply at fault as there seems to be a common problem with C822.

See if there is any evidence of overheating etc, as it's a known fault Id replace that first before purchasing a powersupply as it will more than likely develop the same fault eventually.
                        Model Number or Part Number: 223J 1250V (22nF)
                        Repair KIT for LG Power Supply EAY62609701,
                        Capacitor 223J 1250V (22nF) replace capacitor at location C802.

This is a common failure item that can usually be diagnosed with visual inspection. The original capacitor installed at location C802 in LG power supply EAY62609701 will often bulge or deform causing a symptom of repeated cycling of the relay.

If BLACK C802 CAPACITOR on your board, REGARDLESS bulged or not, replacement of C802 is a MUST before any trouble shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by hamie View Post
                          ok so unplug the lead on the mainboard and put in your jumper between pson and stby
                          usually it's pin1 - pin3
                          hook it up like this:

turn on powersupply if it continues to click over and over then your power supply is at fault.
                          Its more than likely will be your power supply at fault as there seems to be a common problem with c822.

see if there is any evidence of overheating etc, as it's a known fault id replace that first before purchasing a powersupply as it will more than likely develop the same fault eventually.
                          i had the same issue and just changed out that capacitor... Tv works great! Thanks

Comment

I'm about to do a repair for a guy who has this fault. I've located a metalised polyester cap of 0.022uf 2000VDC however it is cylindrical rather than rectangular. The cost to land one of the repair kit caps from the USA is prohibitive so I want to source locally. Anyone see any issues with what I'm proposing? To me it just seems like a mechanical difference. The cap is rated for high pulse frequency, so it also appears to meet that requirement.

Comment

Replaced dodgy capacitor with metalised polyester in cylindrical format and the owner reports TV works fine again. Old cap was only measuring about 0.005uF (about 5nF rather than 22nF).

Comment

It is polypropylene type cap made for high frequency pulse, regular polyester will not last, so keep an eye on it.
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                  It is polypropylene type cap made for high frequency pulse, regular polyester will not last, so keep an eye on it.
                                  My mistake in the post. Pretty sure it is polypropylene. I made sure it had high frequency specs and would do the job.

Comment

Greetings, I am a new member who has a similar problem with my LG 50PA4500, but I don't have the constant clicking.

When plugged in, there are no lights in front, but one red light on the main board. When I push the on button, the front light blinks red and the stays red but no picture.

In following this thread, my C802 capacitor is not bulging or deformed in any way, unplugging Y and Z doesn't affect the front light. But there is a hum when I first plug the TV in which is not there with the Z unplugged.

The voltage on VSTP is 140v and on VATP is 50v. With Z and Y unplugged VSTP changes to 200v and VATP is unchanged.

I am new to TV repair but have done some work on vintage audio.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
                                    Jeff

Comment

Hello. I also have a question regarding a 50PA6500 with power supply EAY626097901. The TV does turn on and audio works fine, but no video at all. My question is whether the known bad cap at C802 could cause no video with audio ok. Just thought I would check before starting to troubleshoot the sustain boards...thanks for any suggestions..

Comment

While everybody is asking questions, I'd like to chime in with mine. I am experiencing the clicking relay and brief red light flash on the front panel that everybody seems to be experiencing. Thing is, the C802 cap on my power supply is Blue and does not appear to bulge. It has not been replaced and is 1250v. Could this capacitor still be at fault even if is not bulging? I notice Brentsky also had a blue capacitor and changing helped him. I would appreciate some input. thanks

Comment

It's entirely possible that the cap is still bad. It does not need to be bulging or discolored to be bad. The one I had to replace didn't look bad at all really. These aren't standard caps where the tops split and discolor. have you disconnected the board in order to rule out a shorted X-Sus and Y-Sus board ? If you have done that and the results are the same then i would replace the cap at C802. If your unable to find one I have quite a few. I can give you one. Simply cover the shipping cost which would be $2-$3 via 1st class mail

Comment

Working...
                                          X