Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XBR-55X850 turns on but no pic no 12v on t-con

Hi,
    Yes, Nick's TV refer to this as pairing. That was completed successfully.

Here is the update:
    Though the ribbon (LVDS) cables appeared good, they simply were not making good contact it seems
    I increased the pressure by inserting each cable with playing card (to increase thickness) and that did the trick!

Only issue now, the replacement main board says it's XBR-55X850C, while the TV is 75"
    I went to service menu and changed the model info, but the TV still says XBR-55X850C

Do I need to udpate firmware now after I changed the service menu entry? Service menu has the right model number saved.
    Thanks

Comment

Probably a good idea, they ALWAYS advise that you update as soon as possible.

Comment

We do refer to the process as pairing and not updating because 9 times out of ten you aren't actually updating the board, but simply pairing it with your T-con and panel so that they can work together.
        If I took yourworking main board from your TV and put it in mine it won't work unless I do this pairing/updating procedure. Once I do that, the board in theory would be "updated" However that main board now is paired with my tv and won't work with your TV anymore unless you pair/update it back to your T-con and panel. And every single time you change that board to a new Tv set you have to do the process again, so it's not really updating it as much as it's pairing it.

As for the size difference, that won't make a difference, they are all crosscompatible with one another for the sizes wihtin the same series. But as nomoresonys stated, it is indeed always a good idea to have your devices on the latest software version if possible.

Comment

Thanks Nick's, excellent explanation +10.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's Tvs View Post
            We do refer to the process as pairing and not updating because 9 times out of ten you aren't actually updating the board, but simply pairing it with your T-con and panel so that they can work together.
            If I took yourworking main board from your TV and put it in mine it won't work unless I do this pairing/updating procedure. Once I do that, the board in theory would be "updated" However that main board now is paired with my tv and won't work with your TV anymore unless you pair/update it back to your T-con and panel. And every single time you change that board to a new Tv set you have to do the process again, so it's not really updating it as much as it's pairing it.

As for the size difference, that won't make a difference, they are all crosscompatible with one another for the sizes wihtin the same series. But as nomoresonys stated, it is indeed always a good idea to have your devices on the latest software version if possible.
            Nick's, do you know if a eeprom from a sammy 50 inch tv will work in a 55 inch, same model and series, Thanks.

Comment

I have a Xbr55x850c tv It does not turn on and there is no white led at the bottom which is usually white, checking the TV guide it tells me that I have to have 3 volts on pin 18 of pic16f527-1 / ss and I do not have them, according to Manuel I must to change that integrated someone can help me
              Attached Files

Comment

I believe that this is a microcontroller which requires programming so even a replacement unless preprogrammed for the TV would probably be of no use.
                Last edited by dick_barton; 01-18-2021, 07:08 AM.
                Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Do you have a photo of the PIC16F527-1/SS
                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    Nick's, do you know if a eeprom from a sammy 50 inch tv will work in a 55 inch, same model and series, Thanks.
                    Sorry I didn't see this question until now, but most likely yes. However, you may have an upside-down picture or mirrored picture in which case you can go to the service menu and change the panel.
                    Take it one step further if you have a 55" set but only the 50" version of the mainboard is available for sale, it should still work, and if the screen isn't perfect, go to the service menu and change the panel type until it works for you. Big tip here though, if it's a UN50KU type board that doesn't have a T-con and goes directly to the panel, don't do it, this trick only works if you have a T-con board. If the system is built to go direct to the panel, you will see ribbons catch fire. (don't ask how I know that )
                    Last edited by Nick's Tvs; 01-20-2021, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks, got a Sanyo DP46840, that I think I would enjoy seeing it go up in flames at this point , just a big mess, has the boards connected to the back cover, such a pain to work on, this design makes it easier to get at the power and main boards but a nightmare to try anything else. Might toss this one, it's like trying to work while caught in a chinese finger trap. No hijack attempt, just a small rant.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-20-2021, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis82 View Post
                        I'm currently having the same exact problem. I believe the issue is the screen (agree with David). I have tried multiple firmware updates with USB and everytime the results are different, which is strange.

I will explain in details what happened every single time below:

1- After USB firmware install, the TV will not respond to any button or remote control. Unplugged TV, plugged back in and still the same until I disconnect the 5 pins cable that goes from power supply to T-con, then TV started up. Backlight came on and I could see that Tv responded to remote control as I can see the white light kind of flashing when buttons on remote where pressed. I disconnected the LVDS cables and I was still getting the same. I turned off TV, plugged everything back in, turned back on and TV went straight to green and amber flashing.

No matter what I did the TV will go straight to green and amber. I went again to install firmware and....

2- No response to power button until i disconnect 5 pins cable and LVDS cables. Tv responded to remote but no backlight. Plugged back in and green and amber light blinked again.

3- I installed firmware again, but this time before I turn tv on , I remove the LVDS from screen to T-Con and left everything else plugged in. I turned tv on and straight to green and amber flashing lights.

4- I tried again (2 days troubleshooting this animal). Connected screen back to t-con, installed firmware, disconnected LVDS and 5 pins cable and again green and amber light

5- Installed again, now everything is connected except the 5 pins cable. Tv responds to remote, white light on bottom acting normal. no picture, NO BACKLIGHT, but again at least it responds to remote power button on and OFF.

This is where Im' at right now. Luckily this is not a customer TV.

Any thought everybody?
                        David does this sound like your TV where you said you determined it was a bad screen?
                        Yep, got this exact problem, think it happens even if you don't unplug the little connector, refuses to take an update, even when changing the name of update, ALWAYS goes back to green amber flash, hit power button and light turns dim steady white, turns on and off with remote, no backlight but the android music sound, read on at least 2 other forums where many many people are having same problem. Completely stumped, from what I read some had success changing mainboards but if it wants an update, why won't it take one? wonder if they all have bad contact with lvds cable, as in Jason123s' case??
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-10-2022, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Stripped it down to backlights because everyone was sure that 4 blinks is bad led/s still not sure, they look fine, they are tiny, any way to test them?

Comment

Working...
                          X