Hanns G HG281D 2 second black screen and parts help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hanns G HG281D 2 second black screen and parts help

I use PANASONIC FM/FC 1000/25V cap myself in place of 680.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
      I use PANASONIC FM/FC 1000/25V cap myself in place of 680.
      Thanks for the updates guys, I appreciate it. I guess I should have just replaced them while it was open. It seems the cable that connects to the actual display is incredibly brittle and chunks are breaking off every time it is taken apart.

Comment

I have repaired many of these
        The problem you describe will always be 3 caps on the logic board
        Please note: the caps will NOT show any sign of bulging

C80
        C83
        C69

Comment

Hi Everyone,
          I've been trolling this forum as well for useful information.
          I have 3 28 inch monitors, 2 HG281D's and an I-INC IF281D.
          I purchased used through craigslist, I knew they had issues to begin with.
          The last one I was using finally decided to do the 2 seconds to black routine
          so I decided to finally use the kit I bought off eBay for both boards, and yes they were quality caps recommended by this site.
          I first did the power supply board, all new caps but this didn't fix the problem, so I did the next step which was to replace the 3 100ufd caps listed above on the control board.
          This solved the 2 seconds to black problem and it also cured one other issue which was the wavy vertical lines on any image, which usually started out very noticeable but after a while was visibly reduced but still noticeable. At some point I will finish recapping the control board, removing the caps from that one is a royal pain in the butt being a multi-layered board.

Comment

Have you seen any problems with the image displaying a solid red color? It's almost like I have 2 seconds of red then to black.

It's like to narrow it down 100% and it seems like a logic board problem but at first the monitor would just randomly turn off.

Comment

I think you have answered your own question??

" It seems the cable that connects to the actual display is incredibly brittle and chunks are breaking off every time it is taken apart."

That is the lvds cable which will be shorting causing the red.
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I'd love to say it was but at the moment only one pin(if you would call it that) is slightly "unsupported." I suppose my statement was more geared towards taking it apart and putting it back together will lead to a new cable.

I was wondering if this can be traced directly back to the logic boards, or should I start replacing parts on the two side circuit boards.

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                I think you have answered your own question??
                That is the lvds cable which will be shorting causing the red.

Comment

Glad I found this thread.

I had been searching around the internet for a solution for a 42 inch Vizio TV, which I found, and decided 'hey that was easy, I'll look around to see if anyone has figured out the problem with my HG281D that's been sitting in my garage for 2 years'.

I received the Panasonic 100uf 25v caps yesterday and replaced the old ones on the logic board. The monitor seems to be back to at least 99% functionality. No more flickering pixels, wavy lines, or quick blackouts. Though it did black out once after a few hours, while the power light remained blue. I power cycled it, and it hasn't done it since then. I'm guessing maybe one of my solders is not quite good enough. But at least now, I know the issue.

Great site! This may rekindle my love of fixing electronics.

Comment

Hello, i've replaced the 2 faulty caps (100uF 16v) on the logic board (funny the third same cap on right side of the board seems in good condition). I've replaced with Panasonic 100uF 16v. There is still one issue on my monitor, i have some vertical lines on the right sides, see this picture:

Anyone has the same? Thank you.

Comment

Ok, after an hour of working the lines are gone. So i guess it is an electronic problem and not a problem with the bad connection of the LCD drivers PCB.
                      Do you think it's a capacitor issue on the logic board or maybe on the T-CON board? I've checked the T-CON and it seems clean and in good condition.

Comment

Failed screen not fixable sorry. Caps will not cause that, do not spend any more on it ?
                        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Not fixable? The lines are gone without any contact from me or any contact at all. I guess it's not a panel fault.

Comment

Problems that are gone without any action come back without any action.

Comment

Working...
                            X