BIOS for Asus X450VP rev2.1 with ATI graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS for Asus X450VP rev2.1 with ATI graphics

Laptop: Asus X450VP rev2.1 with IT8517E and ATI graphics.
    Problem: VSUS voltages are present, but VS voltages are not generated.

please someone upload a working dump for this laptop model.

I have found dump for X452 and X450cc, but I think they do not match X450vp rev.2.1.

I have downloaded X450VP's bios from Asus website. they have extensions such as 204 and 209. but I do not know why its bytes are totally different from my original dump. I think they have to be mostly similar if they belong to the same board.

I have attached my original dump which is 8MB.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by caspian; 10-19-2017, 04:39 PM.

Re: BIOS for Asus X450VP rev2.1 with ATI graphics

try this
    Attached Files

Comment

thank you, but this zip file can not be extracted.
      It gives me error.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I made archive with 7z 64bit.
        Just wondering now, VS voltage related with bios issue. Maybe RTC voltage on the board has low voltage, i think.

try it this not zipped
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwqc5uqtv7...20204.bin?dl=0
        Last edited by meritosari; 10-20-2017, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I shorted three pins of IT8517, including SI_EC and EC_SO_PCH and USB30_5VBUS by mistake.
          so I guess the SIO chip may be damaged.
          is it possible?
          it generates VSUS_ON and RSMRST# but then, it does not generate ME_AC_Present and PM_PWRBTN toward PCH.
          VSUS_ON = 3.3v
          RSMRST# = 3.3v
          AC_IN_OC# = 0v
          ME_SUSPWRDNACK = 3.3v
          ME_AC_Present = 0v
          PM_PWRBTN = 3.3v
          PM_SUSC = 0v
          EC_SUSC = 0v
          CLK_STRAP0 = 0v

Do I have to replace the SIO chip?
          Last edited by caspian; 10-20-2017, 02:00 AM.

Comment

PCH generates PM_SLP_SUS# but does not generates SLP_S5#.
            Does anyone know what might be the cause of it?

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
              I shorted three pins of IT8517, including SI_EC and EC_SO_PCH and USB30_5VBUS by mistake.
              so I guess the SIO chip may be damaged.
              is it possible?

Do I have to replace the SIO chip?
              - Yes and No, but I don't know what the reason are.
              - IMO, if that mobo can charge the battery, 80% KBC chips is FINE

PCH generates PM_SLP_SUS# but does not generates SLP_S5#.
              Does anyone know what might be the cause of it?
              PM_SLP_SUS#, I think to generate VSUS_ON, while SLP_S5# was skipped ( the reason is not connected to any pin of KBC)

Have you checked signals RTCRST# and SRTCRST#?

Comment

RTCRST# and SRTCRST# are both 3.3v.
                mobo can charge the battery.
                Last edited by caspian; 10-20-2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

RTCRST# and SRTCRST# are both 3.3v.
                  mobo can charge the battery.
                  Hmm. More difficult than I was think, need advice from other techs here.
                  May be SIO chip or the bad is chipset HM76 itself was failed. The easy way is to try replace SIO chip but I'm not quite sure since it can charges the battery (not recommended).
                  If PCH has failed, totally out of idea about that, cause it not goals on my benchs, only do job to fix with low cost repairing.

Comment

is this true: PCH generates PM_SUSC# only if ME_AC_Present becomes 3.3v by SIO?
                    Last edited by caspian; 10-20-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

is it true that PCH generates PM_SUSC# if ME_AC_Present gets 3.3v by SIO?
                      That's term also very confuse for me, with my logic think, only report from sio to tell that ac adapter is present and has been verified with ac_in_oc#, then generated signal ME_AC_PRESENT. like that what I think, many Power of sequence other board have tell it too, the signal almost come out together with RSM_RST# in micro second.

Comment

in my board, AC_IN_OC# is 0v and RSM_RST is 3.3v and the AC adapter is pluged in.
                        but ME_AC_Present stays 0v.
                        is it normal that AC_IN_OC# is 0v?
                        does SIO have to read the EC firmware in order to be able to generate these signals such as RSM_RST and ME_AC_Present ?
                        Last edited by caspian; 10-20-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

in my board, AC_IN_OC# is 0v and RSM_RST is 3.3v and the AC adapter is pluged in.
                          but ME_AC_Present stays 0v.
                          is it normal that AC_IN_OC# is 0v?
                          does SIO have to read the EC firmware in order to be able to generate these signals such as RSM_RST and ME_AC_Present ?
                          AC_IN_OC# I think is active low, so it is OK. if High then pulling down ACDET signal, and that will be cause protected mode on AC_FET on block charger.

In theory, EC firmware have responsibility to generated RSM_RST# signal (We've know it from youtube from India tech)

Comment

On Asus UX31A2 sequence ME_AC_PRESENT at step 7. So that's why very confuse it.

Comment

thank you so much, meritosari.
                              I am going to replace SIO.
                              I hope the laptop works after SIO replacement.
                              If it does not work, I have to scrap the mainboard.
                              Scraping mainboards is a disgrace, but it happens often.
                              but I always tell customer that: your mainboard has the worst damage and this is the first time I am scraping a mainboard.
                              Last edited by caspian; 10-20-2017, 02:23 PM.

Comment

thank you so much, meritosari.
                                I am going to replace SIO.
                                I hope the laptop works after SIO replacement.
                                If it does not work, I have to scrap the mainboard.
                                This is a disgrace to scrap mainboards, but it happens often.
                                Ok, Good luck!

Comment

I measured resistance to ground:
                                  VTT_CPU = 7 Ohms
                                  Vcore_CPU = 4 Ohms
                                  V_GFXcore_CPU = 4 Ohms
                                  and no Mosfet is shorted.
                                  In addition, the resistance between Vcore_CPU and V_GFXcore_CPU is about 9 Ohms.
                                  the resistance between Vcore_CPU and VTT_CPU is about 12 Ohms.
                                  is it acceptable?
                                  or should be a high resistance between Vcore_CPU and V_GFXcore_CPU?
                                  is the cpu shorted?

Comment

I measured resistance to ground:
                                    VTT_CPU = 7 Ohms
                                    Vcore_CPU = 4 Ohms
                                    V_GFXcore_CPU = 4 Ohms
                                    and no Mosfet is shorted.
                                    In addition, the resistance between Vcore_CPU and V_GFXcore_CPU is about 9 Ohms.
                                    the resistance between Vcore_CPU and VTT_CPU is about 12 Ohms.
                                    is it acceptable?
                                    or should be a high resistance between Vcore_CPU and V_GFXcore_CPU?
                                    is the cpu shorted?
                                    The last board that I've managed to fixed was X450CC Rev 2.3 , On +VCORE, +VGFX_CORE and +VTT_CPU_VO give reading 0.001-0.002 in diode mode measuring. (All chips soldered on the board)
                                    I know the reading on those rails sometimes give us confuse. Then decide to inject with low volatge on those coils, the result give me 400mA on PSU. (Be careful, it your own risk)

My experience on quanta BY3 reading on diode mode also give very low like asus on above. Since the day on those coils always make me afraid, but not shorted. If I don't find High Side mosfet doesn't shorted, then I try to power on with confidence.

Comment

I have replaced SIO and SIO's signals are not changed.
                                      still ME_AC_PRESENT is not generated by SIO.
                                      does SIO generates ME_AC_PRESENT according to its internal circuit or according to the EC firmware?

Comment

Note: the bios dump I uploaded in the first post is probably correct. So others can use it in their laptops. the bios dump in post 2 seems correct too.

ME_AC_PRESENT is still low voltage.
                                        when no power is connected, ME_AC_PRESENT has unlimited resistance to gnd.
                                        then if I plug in the AC adapter, ME_AC_PRESENT gets 12 ohm to ground and 0.004volts.
                                        then when I press the power button, resistance and voltage on ME_AC_PRESENT do not change but other signals such as RSMRST go high.
                                        I have replaced SIO and BIOS chip and I used the bios dump of post2, but nothing changed.
                                        all other signals are the same as I described in post 5.
                                        this problem is a rabbit hole and I am working on this laptop for a month.
                                        I wonder If someone gives an opinion that leads to fixing this laptop.
                                        why does ME_AC_PRESENT stay low (inactive and not correct) while AC_IN_OC# is low (active and correct)?
                                        Last edited by caspian; 11-09-2017, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X