Dell LCD Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell LCD Monitors

hey everyone i started a new job and they have a area where they throw computer stuff away and dont care if people pick through it and take stuff, i picked up a couple of dell monitors recently

one is a dell 2009w and the other is a 17" inch dell monitor both are lcd's and they both have issues

the 2009w will turn on just fine, checked the caps and they are rubycons, but when you first turn it on a picture comes up for maybe like a second and then goes away, but if i look real carefully i can see my computer's desktop and can see me moving windows around so it works but something is wrong, im thinking ccfl, can this be fixed?

the second one im not sure on the model, but when you turn it on it kinda does the same thing but the screen has a red tint and goes to black and cant see anything after that, have checked the caps and they are fine, could this also be a ccfl issue?

Re: Dell LCD Monitors

CCFL.s a definite possibility,but could be the inverter part of the cct in the 2009,but red screen on the other normally is the lamps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
      CCFL.s a definite possibility,but could be the inverter part of the cct in the 2009,but red screen on the other normally is the lamps.
      how hard is it to replace the inverter and can it be replaced?

Comment

You need to upload photos of the 2009 Power Supply/Inverter Board,Top and Bottom,good focus.Use 'Go Advanced' below and 'Manage Attachments' to upload the photos.

Comment

ok so the 2009 is a 2009wt i had wrong by accident, but anyway i took it apart to get some pictures and decided to check the ccfl's and took one out and it was fine took the other out and as you can see in the picture the white wire came off and is burnt, im thinking both ccfl's will need to be replaced i will also post some pictures of the power supply board in a little bit
          Attached Files

Comment

It may be a burnt connection and that is causing your issue. If you remove the outer casing it is possible to see the connection between the CCFL and wire. If the connection is charred or burnt, this may be your issue. It may be salvageable, but you can also pull a CCFL from another monitor that you find.

Comment

Originally posted by leggot View Post
              It may be a burnt connection and that is causing your issue. If you remove the outer casing it is possible to see the connection between the CCFL and wire. If the connection is charred or burnt, this may be your issue. It may be salvageable, but you can also pull a CCFL from another monitor that you find.

theres not enough wire to try and solder it back on unless i were to run a whole new wire though i dont think kynar wire 30awg would work and its the only wire i have on hand right now

Comment

I use that Kynar on all my re-wiring of lamps, and it has never failed so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
                  I use that Kynar on all my re-wiring of lamps, and it has never failed so far.
                  well i will give it a try then and let you know how it goes

Comment

Working...
                  X