Samsung UE40D5520 KEEPS REBOOTING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE40D5520 KEEPS REBOOTING

Hi can someone help with a problem I'm having with this TV it was working fine when I bought it from a friend who never had it connected to the Internet. I got it home worked fine until I attempted to connect it via wifi now when switched on it comes up with Samsung logo then turns off turns back on and does the same repeatedly until I unplug it. This is frustrating me. TV is only 2 years old my friend said. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you

Re: Samsung UE40D5520 KEEPS REBOOTING

maybe it tried to do an online update.
    go to samsung website and see if there is an upgrade file for a usb stick.

Comment

Double check this is the correct model number but this page has the firmware. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40D5520RKXXU
      Use a USB memory stick and follow the instructions and try updating the firmware that way.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted Samsung on the phone who have said because the TV is 2 years old I will have to take it to a Samsung tech. GAVE me contact details and the tech said it'll be £160 + vat for a main board. Not something I'm willing to accept over the phone without him even looking at it. Although after some research I unplugged the main board and tried the TV again this time it stayed on screen lights nothing else without turning straight off tried again with main board reconnected and shuts itself down and restarts again and again. stuck with what to do now. Don't want to give up on it just yet

Comment

Thanks diif but that model number is just a little different. Would that make any difference or should I try anyway

Comment

Give it a try anyway.
            Format the USB stick to Fat32, download the firmware to it. Double click whilst it's still plugged in to your PC and it should extract a folder to the stick. It's now ready for the TV.
            I can't see the instructions for installing for this model TV but the Samsung I updated about a couple of hours ago needed the TV to be in standby then "Source" on the TV and "Power" on the remote were pressed at the same time. The TV then powered on and did the update.

Comment

I've downloaded it. but cannot get the TV to stay in standby mode just keeps trying to boot. As soon as the wife gets back with the stick I'll try anyway and keep you updated

Comment

Maybe unplug the TV from the wall, plug in the USB then plug in the TV.

Comment

Hi mate. I've tried all of this and still nothing working. IT did look like it was trying to do something then green squares appeared on the screen but turned off and carried on rebooting again.

Comment

What mainboard number is used in this set

Comment

Number Sorry on the board are UE40D [5520] main- 1018.1 sub 1003

SK10BN9405225CD2U4BAH0382

Comment

nothing shows on google regarding those numbers can you post a clear picture of the mainboard thanks.

Comment

I can't resize my pic sorry. Other number on board is BN4101660B the board comes up on the images

Comment

Hi cvel
                            Did you manage to resolve this issue; I think I am having the same problem and wondered if you managed to fix yours? Thanks in advance.

Comment

You can sometimes freeze spray ic1302 get the TV to boot in service menu then factory reset it.
                              Follow this up with a firmware upgrade.

Comment

They also suffer with NAND problems. The 48 pin TSOP.

Comment

Install new nand with firmware

Comment

must write firmware nand flash or eeprom
                                    see this link

https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/to....html#15801430

Comment

Working...
                                    X