Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS VW222U, burn-in mode has become activated

Hi everybody.
    I have the monitor Asus VW222U. But it has a problem, of course When it connects to the electricity, without touching any button, it starts changing colors through the spectrum with this message: "ENTER and RIGHT to burn it OFF". The monitor can be turned off, by simple pressing the power button. If turned on again, the colors and the message will appear. In this state remains till touching the power button or pulling out the power cable. So I think the power supply and the inverter is OK. I found somewhere on the net, that when the monitor is off, and is pressed the MENU button and the POWER button at the same time, so the service menu will appear. It don't work at all. Only thing that works is pressing the -(minus) button and the MENU button at the same time, while monitor is flashing colors, to take this state out. Then appear NO SIGNAL, No matter if the monitor is connected to a signal or not. This NO SIGNAL state is there only 2-3 seconds. Then shuts down and the status LED will become orange. After turn ON, the NO SIGNAL status appear again, and again, till pull out the power cable. What this can be? The input?

Sorry for my english...

Re: ASUS VW222U, burn-in mode has become activated

Try like this:
    "Turn on power, press Menu button, pull out the power cord, (maintaining Menu button pressed) and then plug in the power cord.
    The factory OSD should be on the top corner.

Press reset key and turn the Power-button "off-to on" to quit from factory mode.
    In a transistor circuit protected by a fuse, the transistor will always blow to protect the fuse.

Comment

It didn't work, no OSD appear.

Comment

You have copied down incorrectly what the screen message says.

It should say " Enter and Right to burn in off "

If you copy and post that into google there are a few fixes to try for different monitors.

NOTE

The "Enter" and "Right" that it refers to are on the monitor NOT on your keyboard.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

You're right, there's what you wrote. Only thing that does something is button minus and button menu at the same time... it saying Enter and Right, but there's no Enter button. I tried the guides from Google, but nothin works.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Phoenix83; 02-10-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Try this one ( may be slightly different order to the one you tried
            Hold down Menu Button
            Then press the Power button for 7 seconds.
            Then let off the power button and continue to hold down the Menu Button until you see the special / hidden blue menu on the far left of the monitor.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

nothing.

I'm going to try to break down and clean up those buttons, maybe there is a problem

Comment

Or maybe the button board connector? if there is one or are they on the main board.
                Pictures might help

Comment

Can't make a good pics... I leave it to tomorrow. At daylight maybe better. But the buttons are fine.

Comment

Maybe the firmware is for different models with different buttons, what do you used for selecting menus or setting entries when the monitor funtioned? or if you never seen working read the manual and use that key togheter with the arrow in sequence or togheter like message says.

Comment

Well, the monitor isn't mine. Good idea with the user manual. The buttons are connected to the main board to pins (smaller white conn):
                      "Power" button - black wire, pin T1
                      "+" button - yellow wire, pin T3
                      "Menu" button - green wire, pin T4
                      "-" button - red wire, pin T2
                      "S" button - white wire, pin T2

I also measured all voltage regulators, are ok.

Voltage "BLADJ1" - 4,42V
                      Voltage "BLEN1" - 2,73V

I'm trying to find the SM, but isn't easy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

But have you tried what i've said in my last post or i say stupid things?

Comment

Good picture of the button board - did you say you tested each button and also tested at the connector. There a few posts on the www about these buttons sticking.
                          I can t see where it plugs into the main board did you miss that picture?

Attach button board instruction from user manual
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by selldoor; 02-11-2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

where the monitor come from? I try to understand if is broken or not..

Comment

Button board is connected to the main board thru conn. on 3rd pic (close to this connector is Quartz crystal).

This manual I have.
                              according to it, the menu button = enter
                              and the + button = right.

Holding down the menu and power button for 7 sec. and then only menu button do nothing.
                              also
                              menu button and + button and power button at the same time (it say enter and right) nothing.

The monitor is from friend's office. Previously worked.

Comment

I do not believe you will be able to get the Menu up on the screen until it sees the signal from the PC, that is how most monitor functions. Which input are you using, DVI or VGA?
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I tried both.
                                  there's no change.

If the power cord is connected, the monitor statrs changing the colors with that message. I can press the buttons as I want, it doesn't matter. There's no change at all. Except combination "- (left)" button with "menu" button. Then it show the ASUS logo for few seconds and then the NO SIGNAL message and turns to Stand By. By touching the power button it Turns OFF. Touching the power button again it will Turn ON show the logo, for a second, then NO SIGNAL and Turn to Stand BY. Until the power cord is unplugged it work like above.
                                  Service menu doesn't want to show.

Comment

i will risk to seem annoying but from what i remember you never said that you pressed
                                    Menu + > ... ok seems also obvious but you never said.
                                    if this doesn't change you can try esotic tries like resetting the user flash eprom, tell the part num. of all 8 pin chips on logic board, we can study if there's a method of forcing.
                                    I never done this, on an example datasheet i have found no clear info but i don't have read all well.

Comment

Here's all 8pin chips:

U4 - ATMLH810
                                      U5 - ATMLH810
                                      U8 - ATMLH804
                                      U9 - ATMEL804 these one is marked with purple paint

Menu + >, tried as first
                                      also
                                      Menu + > + Power
                                      and
                                      Menu + Power (7 sec.) + Menu
                                      and
                                      < + > + Power

Comment

can't find datasheet on atmel site, searched a lot..

Comment

Working...
                                        X