Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locked HDD

Hi
    Friend bought a laptop from the internet and the HDD is locked. It's saying:
    This drive is locked by bitlocker drive encryption, or something like this. Previous owner said that the password doesn't know. Any chance to unlock it?
    Don't think so. Probably he will have to buy a new HDD.

Re: Locked HDD

with windos, IDK. but with a linux live disk "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda" if its the only HDD in the computer. this will wipe EVERYTHING which works because bitlocker is at the partition or filesystem level. you will have to reinstall the OS.
    Last edited by goontron; 02-16-2014, 02:33 PM.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

http://superuser.com/questions/40880...with-bitlocker
      1 second on google

you basically have to wipe the whole crap by deleting partitions, not formating them
      and you can do that in your preferred method, either by removing hard drive and using some controller or booting a cd without taking the hdd out (it can be windows cd, some linux live cd, etc)

Comment

ok. it's done.
        Now installing the Win.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X