X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hall of Shame - Badcaps Photo Montage

replace all the fz caps.
    they are well known junk.card is likely ok otherwise.
    panasonic fm is a good choice.
    i go further and measure the voltage on the caps with the card running so i can use 2.5v or 4v solid polymers where i can.
    and remove the fan,peel the label on the back,and add a drop of high quality oil.
    those fans die when the oil drys up.

Comment

Thanks kc8adu, I'll look for some panasonic fm's. I found some caps that would work for $1.95, but after shipping/handling they jumped to around $30...lol I think I'll check some local businesses first. Thanks for the input, going to try getting this card working again.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290284020050

or
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300225735872

is what i've been using on gfx cards with crapcaps lately...

for more higher-end cards or passive cooled cards (= hot running) i used solid polymers..
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290285541934

edit: whoops.. posted ebay.de links instead of .com
        Last edited by Scenic; 01-15-2009, 02:24 AM.

Comment

got badcaps pics

939 board. will attempt to recap when I get around to it

Albatron socket A board, one of the worse i've ever seen

Pic fuzzy cause my camera phone sucks

Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Picked up two Fujitsu Siemens panels this afternoon for free, owner mentioned "not powering up, PWR led is just flashing". Opend them and directly found seven bad caps. All branded with "Xunda" never heard of it before but they smell :P After recapping both panels everything's fine again.

Powersupply's are dated 07-2005 and branded by Mirage Electronic's Co. Ltd.
            Type AD-1700TL3.

PSU :

Caps :

Comment

http://www.chinese-xunda.com/

Shenzhen Xunda Electronics Co.
              veritas odium parit

Comment

elite cs cap up 560@4 shorted.
                from ecs 945gct-m3.
                dead shorted and was killing the vcore.
                Attached Files

Comment

kc8adu; Just a curious question
                  I've got a few caps from VCore on a mobo, also solid polymers
                  They read 0.00 and some 0.01 ESR...
                  This I presume means they are shorted out
                  But if I use my digital multimeter they don't register as a true short?
                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Well, they show up as low ESR where they should be, and they are not shorted

Sounds like they are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson
                      kc8adu; Just a curious question
                      I've got a few caps from VCore on a mobo, also solid polymers
                      They read 0.00 and some 0.01 ESR...
                      This I presume means they are shorted out
                      But if I use my digital multimeter they don't register as a true short?
                      Low ESR means that the internal resistance of the capacitor is extremely low. As low as 0.00 according to your meter.

This is the model of an electrolytic capacitor.

(Source of picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolytic_capacitor )

As you can probably see. Even if R(ESR) is zero. It does not mean that the capacitor is shorted.

As you have pointed out, a DMM reported the capacitor as an open circuit and not a short circuit. This proves that the capacitor is indeed not short circuited.
                      Attached Files

Comment

What brand is this cap? Its logo is the letter "S" in a circle.
                        Attached Files

Comment

http://capacitor.web.fc2.com/s_other.html#s2
                          Mann-Made Global Warming.
                          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                          -
                          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                          -

Comment

Nichicon HD QDI KuDoZ 7X, user pm_, trodas.wz.cz forum

http://i28.tinypic.com/33osdj6.jpg
                            (likely fake Nichicons HD)
                            "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
                            "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

Comment

Don't look fake.
                              Maybe PSU or heat issues killed them.
                              This is a year 2004 mobo?
                              Mann-Made Global Warming.
                              - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                              -
                              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                              -

Comment

From the supply of a Philips 42PF5320 Plasma screen (Sanwha caps):

From an Albatron Socket478 board, no POST, no nothing:

mmmm....GSC
                                Last edited by Sentinel507; 10-21-2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

heres one for you OST 4v 680

Asus P5GDC
                                  Attached Files
                                  Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                                  ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Those are RLA series. I recently replaced a few identical caps on an MSI Motherboard with 6.3v 560uF Chemi-con polymer caps which I salvaged from other motherboards.
                                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Topcat had a pic of an evilmachines motherboard earlier in this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=12. I have an identical board (except with "RFY" caps and not TMS). it came from a HP Pavilion a320a
                                      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Hi all, forum noob here. I have re-capped a couple of motherboards in the last 2 years, thought I'd post a shot of what I found last week.

The patient, an intel system MSI motherboard, EVGA video card.
                                        The symptom, hangs, spontaneous power offs, reboots etc.

First thing I noticed was the system fan was dead. Antec 3 speed 120mm surprising.. Then I noticed the cpu fan was working, but very dirty.
                                        Popped out the video card to clean up as it's fan was dirty, and saw the caps.

Nice...
                                        Cleaned out, new fan and video card, and it's 100% stable. May recap the card, dunno if it's worth the trouble...

Next project, a Dell LCD monitor with bad inverter circuit.

Steve
                                        Attached Files
                                        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

I have an EVGA video card with some bad caps on it that I have not seen here. They are all silver-colored with a blue "edge" that looks sort of like one of those so-called "solid" caps, but isn't. There is no name on them whatever. Says "FZ72" and "FZ73"on top of each cap along with the values.

I'll post a photo as soon as I can get them taken.

Anyone have any idea who made these PsOS? (Pieces of Sh**)

When they went out, they literally "popped", spewing weird crap all over the place, and destorying the motherboard, a Gigabyte 7N400.

I am NOT pleased! :-(

Comment

Working...
                                          X