Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epox 8RDA+ (UK sourced board)

Hi All,

My Epox has died and I need to replace the caps. The poped / bulging ones are:

4 * 10mm 10v 2200uF
    2 * 8mm 6.3v 1500 uF
    5 * 8mm 6.3v 1000uF

all the dead caps are ECS branded and all of the sanyo branded ones are fine.

If anyone knows where I can source these in the UK that would be great :?

(does anyone know how to get the correct symbol for pico? )

some pictures for your pleasure:

thanks all, a good resource is building up here

epox say:

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

I am afraid that the images shown do not relate to capacitor failure by term of “low grade components” as you state but is in fact a symptom of a thermal or current problem within the system. I am afraid that such damage to the mainboard is outside of the mainboard warranty. This failure mode is not a mainboard failure and certainly not through the use of “low grade components”.

EPoX UK FAE

http://www.epox.org

Comment

That's a crock! That's CLASSIC of low-quality capacitors. They're just trying to weasel off the hook... You're better off recapping it yourself, you already see how crappy their support is just by that email... You can only imagine the quality if the repair they would do...

Sanyo caps are not prone to fail, they're good quality. The rest on the board are junk, and their quality has shown its true colors.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

thatnks for that Top cat, I know it's nothing to do with the rest of my system as the PSU has rock solid rails and the case is a well cooled cooler master.

Anyway, I didn't really expect to get any help form Epox uk so does anyone know what type of capacitors I need?

product codes from farnells would be ideal

the caps are

10mm 2200uF 10v
        9 or 10mm 1500 uF 6.3v
        6 or 7mm 1000 uF 6.3v

I assume I need electrolytic capacitors but the farnell catalogue starts asking me about drift tolerances and min and max temps, my high school level electronics knowledge is now fully exausted

thanks in advance

HT

Comment

I had the exact same problem with my first 8rda, the caps looked exactly the same. Bulging white stuff from the tops, and it was replaced under warranty from Epox (through Aus distributor).

The replacement they gave me is now bulging too. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comment

total bullshit!
            all mfrs should know about the crap cap fiasco by now.
            maybe drop em a link to here to educate them.
            tell em its time to pull their head out of the sand.

Originally posted by happytechie
            epox say:

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

I am afraid that the images shown do not relate to capacitor failure by term of “low grade components” as you state but is in fact a symptom of a thermal or current problem within the system. I am afraid that such damage to the mainboard is outside of the mainboard warranty. This failure mode is not a mainboard failure and certainly not through the use of “low grade components”.

EPoX UK FAE

http://www.epox.org

Comment

http://uk.farnell.com/

do a search for "rubycon zl" they have the specs you want.
              capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
              X