Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ink printer Epson Stylus problem

Hi everybody.
    Have problem with inkjet printer Epson Stylus SX415. I have not used it for about a year. There are ink dried in the print head. First I tryed to clean it thru the menu on printer. It did not improve anything. After removing the print head, I tryed to clean it in ultrasonic cleaner filled with pure alcohol. The result is slightly better, but still bad. Anyone know a better way to clean it? I know that printer is very cheap, and almost not worth it...
    Attached Files

Re: ink printer Epson Stylus problem

soak printhead face down in alcohol overnight.

Comment

Re: ink printer Epson Stylus problem

I have not done that model, but I have had my battles with several Epson printers. They are possible to salvage, but usually require removing the print head from the unit (I say unit because it could be a printer or an all in one device).

Start off like you did, running a few clean cycles. If this does not work, use a wet paper towel with alcohol or a glass cleaner with ammonia on it or some people like citrus cleaners diluted with alcohol, position this under the print head like it was a piece of paper. Wipe, reposition, let soak, wipe ... until you feel you have it cleaned. I have had some success with this method, but only when the printer has been fairly active. Basically the clog is not that bad and just the "surface level" attack is enough.

Next step is removal of the print head. The models differ, but the concept is the same. Center the print head as if you were going to change the ink and then a few screws and usually two ribbon cables. Pull up some videos and watch them and compare the videos to what your printer looks like if you cannot find your exact model.

From here you have two choices - 1) like the other poster stated, soak it in alcohol or your cleaning cocktail of preference with the head facing down barely covered in solution. If you put it in too deep you could ruin the electronics.

2) This is the procedure I suggest as I have tried the soak method with a high fail rate requiring that I have to take it all apart again, not to mention the wasted ink. Soak the head for a few hours as described above plus carefully place your cleaning solution on the inlet nozzles and clean them off. After said soak get a small hose that fits the nozzle and a syringe full of cleaning fluid and connect the syringe with hose attached to the nozzle and gently force the solvent. It will start to drip and then spray. You should see all of the spray holes shooting out the solvent. The first time I did it I was surprised how many spray holes each color had. If a couple of the spray holes are not spraying cleanly, let it soak some more with clean fluid and keep at it. DO NOT put too much pressure - as some say it can damage the print head. Do this for all the colors. I have had 100% success with this method. If you search the internet you will find examples.

Comment

Working...
      X