Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairing a Fujitsu SCENICVIEW P24-1W

Hello,
    I've been finding several LCD/TFT monitors and TVs in dumpster that I've been able to repair. Usually the caps are the root cause for the problems.

In this post I've give my findings about the repair of a Fujitsu SCENICVIEW P24-1W.
    I've already repaired two of these monitors and the issue is the same: bad caps.

The monitors that have this problem does not even lights on. Not even the standby.

The fix is done replacing 3 caps.

Check attached images.

Hope this helps someone out there...

Regards

Roberto
    Attached Files

Re: Repairing a Fujitsu SCENICVIEW P24-1W

Good work.

I see a lot of Elite caps on the power supply board, though, so I suggest replacing all of them. And make sure to use proper low ESR caps, not general purpose. And preferably a reputable Japanese brand (Rubycon, Panasonic, Nichicon, and Chemicon). Otherwise, you might be doing this again in a few months to a few years down the road (depending on how much you use the monitor and how hot of an environment it's in).

Also, the small 47 uF cap with 3.8 Ohms ESR that you show on your ESR meter is actually still, more or less, within tolerance. For small 5x11 mm caps, up to 5 Ohms ESR is usually not necessarily bad. But always check the datasheets, of course.
    Last edited by momaka; 11-01-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X