No announcement yet.

Dell 24" Monitor 2408 WFPb Colored Line / Uneven Glow / Fluo Color Shift Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 24" Monitor 2408 WFPb Colored Line / Uneven Glow / Fluo Color Shift Issues

Hello Fellows,

I coming up to you as I encounter issues with my Dell 24" Monitor (2408 WFPb).

Here are the signs I get from the monitor:

1) Vertical Colored Lines on one side of the screen (see picture 1.PNG)

2) Uneven white glow of the screen on the center right (I will try to upload a picture later on)

3) A fluorescent color shit of the red color of the screen (see picture 2.PNG)

So far I have found a way to remove the vertical colored lines, with a rubber pad on top of the LCD ribbon connector and it appears to work as expected (I will put picture in a close future of the following solution).

In the meantime, the following video illustrates the following solution very well:

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stmRMRWTmEI"]

Regarding issue #2, I have no clues what is causing this or where it is coming from. I will check that all the back light tubes work as expected and keep you posted.

Last, regarding issue #3, I am suspecting an issue with the Gamma controller of the Logic / Main board of the monitor. Identified solutions are as for now are:

- Tempt a reflow of the main chipset of the board (due to known issues generated by the ROHS theses manufacturing years)
    - Purchase a new / used Logic / Main board...
    - Check the Power Supply's main capacitors

Based on the following information, what are your recommendations?

Thanks a lot!

Look forward hearing from you all
    Attached Files

Re: Dell 24" Monitor 2408 WFPb Colored Line / Uneven Glow / Fluo Color Shift Issues

Originally posted by mbksolexnitrous View Post
    2) Uneven white glow of the screen on the center right (I will try to upload a picture later on)
    Polarizers have shifted inside the screen, likely the monitor has been roughly handled at some point. It can also happen by itself, due to heat.

Likely the same issue which caused the vertical lines has caused the polarizers to move as well. I would leave it alone as taking the panel apart in anything else than a class 100 cleanroom will inevitably contaminate it with dust.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Re: Dell 24" Monitor 2408 WFPb Colored Line / Uneven Glow / Fluo Color Shift Issues

Thanks a lot Th3_uN1Qu3 for the tip, it is much appreciated.

Interestingly, I have observed that the fluo shift does not appear immediately at start but after couple minutes. Does this make sense according to you based on your previous comment?

Thank you for your help !

Comment

Working...
      X