Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung LA32B650 standby led flashes after TV on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LA32B650 standby led flashes after TV on.

I have a small Samsung LA32B650 that operates perfectly, but the standby led just keeps flashing it's startup on/off sequence. Nothing else seems wrong with the TV at all. Image is good, back lights are stable, both the free to air and HDMI inputs work fine, touch panel on the bezel works good.

In an attempt to clear it, I put the TV through a factory reset from the service menu, and that did not clear it either.

Other than this flashing standby led, it's good to go. The are no menu options for the control of the standby led that I can see in the normal menu system for it.

Do you have any ideas?

Re: Samsung LA32B650 standby led flashes after TV on.

Observe the flashing closely, are there any pauses, example does it blink 6 times then pause a bit then six more blinks and repeat?

Comment

Samsung TVs do not have SOS signals and so the blinking light could very well be a loose/cold solder somewhere in the Standby light circuitry. For now if everything else picture quality, color, remote functions, audio, etc are working. Which means all operating voltages are present. Don't go poking around, just cover the Standby light with a piece of tape and block it out if it is absolutely annoying.

Comment

Have you checked the software version? current seems to be Ver. 2001.1 It could be that it is not detecting that the backlight did turn on. Is this your own tv? or did you get it this way... maybe it had an issue with the backlights and its been bypassed to stay on.
        Last edited by R_J; 01-07-2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Thankyou for the responses.

The TV was given to me to look at for a women in a retirement home. The aerial connection was broken which didn't take much to do.

She has another no-name rebrand TV at the moment, but it doesn't pickup all of the new free to air channels properly and the son gave me this one to see if it could go. Funny, it's not a case of him being cheap, the room for the TV is limited and it's hard to get a small "branded" TV with good sound here anymore. Easy to get a 50 inch though.

The Sammy 32 inch screen was good (after a clean) and it looked like it hadn't been opened. I said sure, since the B650s were always a reliable unit (still think the image looks better than most new units) and the sound is good (also important).

Thanks for the backlight suggestion, I will check out the inverter connections and the protection circuits. It cannot be a bad solder joint causing the flashing, the standby is solid while off and the flash rate is exactly the same as the normal turn on sequence, it just doesn't stop.

------------------

The current no-brand TV is a Changhong 32 inch which doesn't pickup all of the stations all of the time. The unit has a hassle with two channels where it cannot decide which format the data is coming down. When it's in quality display mode, those channels sit around 84% signal (same as all of the other channels) with nothing on the quality bar and you can see it flipping between two formats trying each over and over without locking onto one. After a while, it gives up. I've looked for firmware fixes, but that brand has a firmware page with "coming soon" on it for the year or more. 84% signal should be enough to lock on to. Sonys and Sammys lock in on at 35%-40% around here.

-----------------
          Last edited by saddle_au; 01-07-2019, 08:01 PM. Reason: Typo.

Comment

Some tv's pick up dtv channels better than others, also do you know how far the transmitter is from the tv's location? The two channels could also be brodcasting at a lower power or have a different transmitting pattern. Channel percentage is just a number, where one tv will work at 50% another likely won't.

Comment

Try
              Plug & Play
              to add available channels to the channel list. Go to
              MENU
              -
              Setup
              -
              Plug & Play
              and wait for all available channels are stored.
              Verify Antenna is positioned correctly.

Comment

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/m...A32B650T1FXXY/

Comment

Didn't see anything about blinking light, could try email or call m and ask why it's blinking.

Comment

Issue was related to TCON. Replacement TCON works fine but original one runs (works) but continues to blink. Obtained a T370HW02 TCON spare (by accident), swapped in and TV is now ok. There are two sizes of that TCON, one that is about 6 inches by 5 and the other 2.5 by 5 inches. Both have the same model number on them. Suspect bad eeprom on first TCON because mainboard is confused about what is read back.

I have found since then by playing around with various panels (frames) and mainboard combinations that the B650 mainboard will also run on a B550 panel (and visa-versa) as it has the same power supply and TCON connections, but will keep flashing the red led because it's a completely different TCON board. Image on the 550 panel with a 650 main is good, just the cpu is unhappy. Method of driving the signals must be exactly the same. The 550 panels are Samsung manufacture and the 650 panels are AUO. There is a method of telling the B650 main board it's on a different panel via the service setup but seems to be no option in there to choose a 550 panel by panel name or stamp code.
                    Last edited by saddle_au; 01-20-2019, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X