Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell WFP 2007 No image

Hi guys,
    My monitor just stopped working a few days ago. I´ve tried it in another computer but the problem persist. The thing is that when PC send signal to the monitor, power lights on green light, but is not showing the image, a few second later goes to amber light. The backlight starts when the pc send signal. I´ve opened the case and checked the caps but no one is damage.
    OSD is not showing either.

Here are a few pictures I took from the logic board:

http://*************/g/98/resizeddsc04634.jpg/

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Dell WFP 2007 No image

Originally posted by noisepc View Post
    Here are a few pictures I took from the logic board:

http://*************/g/98/resizeddsc04634.jpg/
    1) For several reasons, I prefer pictures so they are hosted on this forum. Follow my sig file below exactly to post your pictures. We want them in the following composition.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...94&postcount=1

2) Do you have a multimeter and do you know how to use it?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations, I´m gonna try to upload the pictures as you said. I´m new in this forum, and I´m sorry if I brake any rule :S . Also wanna say that I´m from Argentina therefore my English sucks! so please be patience, as is kinda difficult to explain the problems I have with this monitor.

I have no idea how to use a multimeter , but I can buy one and learn how to use it if it´s not difficult.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by noisepc; 04-21-2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Does the screen stay white the entire time?
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

It went to stand by mode after a few seconds (amber light).

Comment

When it went into standby was it connected to a pc that was not in standby.

Repeat retiredcaps question - "Does the screen stay white" that is does the back light stay on.
            You will almost certainly need a multimeter.

Also a soldering Iron and solder.

There is an inverter board in this set with 3 gray rectangular transformers on it
            Can you see if the number on it begins 4001R - picture would be good
            Last edited by selldoor; 04-23-2012, 07:41 AM.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hi Selldoor,
              Let me try to explain the issue again. The display is connected to the PC, when It starts the green light on the display lights on, then the backlight starts too, a few seconds later the monitor goes to stand by mode (amber light), that´s all. Same behavior in another PC, tried on DVI and VGA port too.
              Regarding the Inverter, I don´t know where is located or where is it. If you need more pictures, please guide me thru and I´ll post them here.

Thanks!!!!

PS: I have a solder and a tester (but I don´t know how to use the tester)

Comment

Ok post a picure of your tester say what make and model is if its not clear in the picture.

Just to confirm - that back light comes on then goes off..

This is "two seconds to black" and retiredcaps has written a guide here:
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419 start from post#19

The inverter board is shown in the 4th picture on this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=dell+2007
                He is from Argentina also coincidence or all bad 2007s in Argentina?
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

I don´t have my tester here, but I´ll post a picture later. Regarding the issue, is not the same as the other mate.
                  The backlight comes on when the PC send signal and then goes off cuz of the power save screensaver.
                  Am I clear?

Comment

Hi sorry - no we are not clear.
                    Set up the pc with no screen saver , no sleep mode, it needs to stay on for
                    at least 15 minutes. Then tell us what happens after 5 minutes and ten minutes.

Comment

Ok, I'll reassemble it back and then I'll post you the results.

Thanks!

Comment

Update: The monitor stays with green light on, and the backlight started. It has been there for about 15 minutes, no image.

Comment

Ok,

your picture shows 2 voltage regulators on the bottom left of your picture above.

One has a tab and 3 pins and the other has a tab and 2 pins. Please can you tell us the measurements off each pin and can you tell us what it written on the top of each one.
                          Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
                          Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Originally posted by noisepc View Post
                            Update: The monitor stays with green light on, and the backlight started. It has been there for about 15 minutes, no image.
                            A picture of the problem would help.

We also need a picture of the panel board. It is the long board that runs the entire length of the lcd at the top.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

This is a picture of my monitor connected to the PC, without image but with the backlight on.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by noisepc; 04-23-2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

One has a tab and 3 pins and the other has a tab and 2 pins. Please can you tell us the measurements off each pin
                                @Jasgriff - I think he's going to need some guidance

"I have no idea how to use a multimeter , but I can buy one and learn how to use it if it´s not difficult."

@noisepc - Having sorted the screensaver it is NOT" 2 seconds to black"
                                Last edited by selldoor; 04-23-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I have added 2 more images, please let me know if you need more of them.

Comment

@ Selldoor - I thought that when I wrote the post.

@noisepc - We have found out that your screen is lighting up which means that we need to do some further checks. We can talk you through the next stage but you are going to need to get a multimeter.

Thanks for the pics of the bottom of your boards your are going to need to unscrew them and take a similar picture of the top of them as clear and as close as you can. Remember that we are having to look very closely to see what's going on and that can be impossible with a poor picture.
                                    Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
                                    Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

I have uploaded more images at the top of this post, from the other side of the cards, please let me know if you need something specific.

Thanks man!

Comment

I´m gonna buy the multimeter, what kinda specs should it has?

Comment

Working...
                                        X