Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stumped on Samsung PN60E530A3F

I love you guys!!!

I have an Australian PS60E8000 set that for the last 4 years has been playing up. Same issues as have been identified in this thread - Started getting harder to turn on and needed multiple tries, and then screen stopped turning on altogether. VS/VA Drop, No VSCAN, sound but no picture.

I've changed multiple boards over the years including the y-main, but obviously the used ebay one was also dead.

As a last ditch effort, I bought the $20 can of freeze spray and totally was skeptical that that could possibly work. But I tell you, I almost crapped my pants when the picture fired up!

This TV has been through 4 relocations, and a divorce - let's be honest it probably was the cause of the divorce! But it was all worth it now

Similar to what you guys have found, freezing the IC didn't do it for me (which I assume is the one under the heatsink thing on the right of the transformer). Freezing the capacitors at C5050, C5152, C5153 did the trick. Off to find some capacitors now and to figure out what's causing the vertical line.

A massive thankyou to all on this thread especially @drussell.
    Attached Files

Comment

Glad it's fixed. This model seems to have issued in this circuit. Also unfortunately that line is also consistent with these panels. That is panel failure. The line is not repairable. There is a chip embedded in the panel in the vertical drivers that fail.
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I have a Samsung PN60E530A3F Plasma. And this TV has a similar problem. The LED Indication will blink on 6-sec off 3-sec... on 6-sec, off 3-sec.... etc
        Replaced three capacitors next to the yellow transformer and microchip. There is no picture on the screen.

What can you guys tell?

Comment

I can tell you that for the one I worked on there were more bad caps than just the three. I had two more, don't remember the locations, that were bad. I replaced all the small blue caps with equivalent caps and it fired right up. I also know that the IC you refer to in the previous post by the yellow transformer others have had success in replacing that as well. Just my thoughts. Good luck!

Comment

Hi guys. Can you help me more? I replaced the YM BOARD and the TV came to life. BUT, stripes appeared on the right, as shown in the photo. What could be the problem?

Attached Files

Comment

To me, it looks like a panel ribbon failure. What is the history of the set?

Comment

What does set history mean?
                They gave me this TV. I just bought a new board and then changed it. After turning on, I saw vertical stripes on the screen.

Comment

These E series sets are very fragile. You can check the ribbon connector associated where the column is but I don't think it's repairable. You never know, you might get lucky.

Comment

Working...
                  X