X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good freeware tools

Originally posted by willawake
    7-Zip http://www.7-zip.org/

Its an open sauce compressed file handling program. does rar, zip, iso, gzip, tar...all that stuff. Its very good. actually i find some rars dont open with winrar and this is much better.
    Thanks for the great tip! I avoid open sauce, unless it comes on spaghetti...

7-Zip does indeed open some oddball CABs that Winzip won't touch.

Comment

need free tool to inspect directories, find the large files, large folders etc. maybe also suggest how to split the directory up to dvd..
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Rad video tools
        http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

i am using this quite frequently recently
        need some more nice codec though
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

My friend recommend me to use this Free PDF Printer . I'm totally satisfied with it.

Comment

Willawake I think a tool called VoptXp v7 can do a good part of what you need to do. Its a fast safe defrag progie for XP, and it has a pile of other nice tools built right in it. You will also find most if not all your native windows tools listed on the Vopt menues. I've been using it for years and love it. Now I'm looking for a progie too. I had a copy of Everest that I used to use to figure out just what was inside some of these newer but DOA laptops that show up at my door step from time to time. I can't remember where I got Everest from. Is it listed on Badcaps someplace for download??? I have this recased Hp Compaq d530 SFF that I built, and I need to take a good look at the Ultra ATA/PATA controllers on the board to see if I can load a different device drive for them so as to uncripple them. Right now the controllers will only allow one device per channel to work. I need two DVD drives on the secondary ATA for my burning to work.
            "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
            Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
            John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
            Rod Serling

Comment

Personally I use this PDF Printer. It is also free and generates good PDF.

Comment

Originally posted by MuseOfLife
                Personally I use this PDF Printer. It is also free and generates good PDF.
                spam?
                why do you need to post it twice?

Comment

I use foxit. Everything is free on the piratebay

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Parts
                    Now I'm looking for a progie too. I had a copy of Everest that I used to use to figure out just what was inside some of these newer but DOA laptops that show up at my door step from time to time. I can't remember where I got Everest from. Is it listed on Badcaps someplace for download??? I have this recased Hp Compaq d530 SFF that I built, and I need to take a good look at the Ultra ATA/PATA controllers on the board to see if I can load a different device drive for them so as to uncripple them. Right now the controllers will only allow one device per channel to work. I need two DVD drives on the secondary ATA for my burning to work.
                    Everest Home Edition is freeware, and is available on such sites as Softpedia. Lavasys discontinued development of the free Home Edition in 2005, so it's fast becoming a bit outdated. An alternative is SIW, which also comes in a free version.
                    ------------
                    Be a mensch

Comment

Working...
                    X