Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blown cap on a GeForce 8800 GT

^
    Agreed. Also, don't Auction them off, since you might get complaints when they fail after a month's use. Just blow them up. Sacon FZ should NEVER under ANY circumstances be sold, purchased, or used in any devices
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Unless sold IED's for use in Afghanistan....

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
        It will work. If it was to comment on something about that one would be that it's just a bit tall, so once you insert the card in your computer, you'll just have to make sure the top of the capacitor doesn't touch any card installed near the video card, if there is any.
        Ok, I will get a few of these. And I might still auction the FZ's with all the warnings I have heard and with what I learned about them here. Maybe someone will want something to blow up lol.
        I have the replacement heatsink and fan for the 8800GT graphics card now so a long session of desoldering and soldering is getting closer to happening for me.
        Thank you all for all your help it is appreciated.
        Last edited by nickBcap; 06-22-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Last thought _ I just cant stop searching for the perfect capacitor lol. Is this Rubycon MCZ ok. It has a ripple of around 2450?

Comment

A ruby MCZ would be an excellent replacement. I've used them to replace FZs on other cards before.
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Ok. This is fantastic, thanks very much. I am glad I could wait long enough to find something worthwhile to put on the card.
              Thanks everyone
              I will post after the repair.

Comment

I have not repaired the card yet but I can't stay away.....I just bought the MCZ repalcement capacitor and a few spares of the same for a few dollars and a replacement heatsink and fan and will soon repair the 8800GT card. Then I can get on with repairing a few motherboards another graphics card and two HP L1955 LCD monitors which already bought the capacitors for. I think I might buy only L1955 monitors if those two repairs work ok.

Comment

Working...
                X