I need some pictures to identify Sanyo WG caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some pictures to identify Sanyo WG caps

If any of you have have a sanyo WG, please post a picture here. I need to see the font, the bung (bottom seal), and the top.

I have the CA series, generic, and WG Sanyo caps and not all that have the same bung..!! There is high probability that they are original (pulled from some powercolour vga cards).

Thanks in advance...
    days are so short when you actually do something..

Re: I need some pictures to identify Sanyo WG caps

Attached Files
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Wow... I really appreciate your response!!

There's two flavor of Sanyo WG I got from the retailer shops (they gave me free samples). The one is exactly the same with yours, nothing different except mine is with S.E.44, the looks is also decent.

Sanyo 3300uF 6.3V
      105C
      S.E.44
      WG

(10x23mm)

(forgive my dirty fingernail )

The second, almost nothing different. The look is good, the same with the first, but the bungs are different. They are in 3300uF and 1500uF:

Sanyo 3300uF 6.3V
      105C
      S.E.49
      WG

(10x23mm)

Sanyo 1500uF 6.3V
      105C
      S.E.36
      WG

(8x20mm)

Since I know that my trusted Sanyo CA (1000uF 6.3V 8mm, pulled from powercolor vga cards) isn't fake, I think the 8mm 1500uF WG isn't fake too. Its bung isn't special because it's < 10mm diameter. I know that Panasonic FC caps are also like that.

Now the question is why are there two version of 3300uF WG (10mm diameter) which different on their bottom seal? Is it counterfeit?

What i think:
      - Maybe because it has different number, so the latest (S.E.47 & S.E.49) have no special bung compared to S.E.44 (yours is S.E.38)
      - They all came in one box/packet that the local shops received. So if one is counterfeit, then the others (which is identical with yours) is counterfeit too. Or both are original but have different batch manufacturing.
      - I am a short mind guy so I just installed three caps to my abit KT7 boards, running duron 1200 at 1350, perfectly fine. vcore and 5V are stable recorded with speedfan.
      - I install 2 of them (3300uF 6.3V) to my Tt 480W Purepower w/APFC, the result is good, no problem appeared on voltage rails or vcore, running full load/benchmark perfectly fine.
      - Their dimension matches the spec/datasheet.

Attached Files
      Last edited by willawake; 02-27-2006, 04:43 PM.

Comment

and sorry for late reply. i just want to make sure my rigs running fine for more than 1 - 2 days...

Maybe I only see what I want to see, but this time I think they aren't fake (not like my fake rubies YXG, damn...). Maybe I should pour my abit boards with more of them, I may do that later.

I am still interested in what you think...

Attached Files
        Last edited by willawake; 02-27-2006, 04:39 PM. Reason: offsite pics upload

Comment

This Sanyo WG is really a good performer.

Had recapping some epox soket A and P3 motherboard, and they are all work flawlessly.

I have no doubt now.

Furter investigation: There are higher availability of good quality caps in many local elecktronick shop now, including Sabyo WG (10 & 8mm), Rubycon ZL & MBZ (10mm & 12.5mm), Nichicon PW & HE (12.5mm), UCC KZG and LXZ (8mm & 12.5mm), Panasonic FC & FJ (10 & 8mm), although they are just for some certain value..

I think more & more people here doing their recapping by themself, and this growth demand of high quality caps has awake the awareness of main distributor. This is much better than a year ago when I started in recapping world

Comment

Originally posted by yanz
            Maybe I only see what I want to see, but this time I think they aren't fake (not like my fake rubies YXG, damn...). Maybe I should pour my abit boards with more of them, I may do that later.
            Hi!

I own a EPoX 4PEA+.

I removed the 3300uF, 6.3V, SANYOs WG and their bottom has two "flavours" like on the pictures that were posted:

1st "flavour" -- flat bottomed;
            2nd "flavour" -- "T" bottomed

Also, did you mention fake Rubycon YXG? I've received from EPoX.NL some 1000uF 6.3V YXG Rubycons with dimensions 8x13mm different from Rubycon datasheet (10x16mm). Were your fake Rubycons 8x13mm also?

Kind regards,
            Mikeluz

Comment

> Also, did you mention fake Rubycon YXG? I've received from EPoX.NL some 1000uF 6.3V YXG Rubycons with dimensions 8x13mm different from Rubycon datasheet (10x16mm). Were your fake Rubycons 8x13mm also?

I have a number of new Rubycon YXG 1000/6.3 in 8x13mm dimensions, which I'm fairly certain are not counterfeit (these were loose-bagged, 500 pieces/bag, Made in Singapore, original Rubycon inspection seal on the bag dated 25.11.02, clear fonts on plastic sleeve, wide and deep K-vent impressions, thick leads).

My guess is that the standard size YXG 1000/6.3 is 8x16, but down-sized and up-sized versions were also available against order (probably with different ripple-current ratings).

I've used the down-sized Singapore-made 8x13mm units extensively for recapping motherboards and video cards, with no problems so far. If they're counterfeits, they're high-quality counterfeits. I can't see how they could have dodged incoming inspection at Epox otherwise.

Comment

i think the s.e. is a datecode on the sanyo parts.
                i have lots of rubycon yxg 3300@10 and they came in a heatsealed bag with yellow/clear rubycon logo and a yellow block with part number/qty stamped in black
                the part number on these is rs-118
                below it is in yellow
                rubycon corporation
                made in japan
                these were bought at a hamfest from a former psu maker who imported them directly.
                what does the bag/print look like on yours?

Comment

The bag is clear. The sealing label is white, with yellow background blocks and black text fonts. However, the 'Rubycon' logo on the seal is in white font within a black oval. The part number sticker is separate and says 'P/N : 11-040210001'

Comment

here is some bags

cap manufacturers really need to try harder to protect against counterfeiting
                    Attached Files

Comment

the rubycon bag you posted is quite similar to mine.
                      as for counterfiets i havnt seen any rulycon in new stuff lately.
                      have seen swcon with the knockoff vents though.
                      a customer just exchanged a subermicro p3dm3 under a warrenty issue they ignored untill the customer filed suit.and it came with the fake nrsy caps!
                      so fakes are still out there.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxguru

I've used the down-sized Singapore-made 8x13mm units extensively for recapping motherboards and video cards, with no problems so far. If they're counterfeits, they're high-quality counterfeits. I can't see how they could have dodged incoming inspection at Epox otherwise.
                        I guess they are not fake... but just want to hear from someone else, a sevond oppinion, to be on the safe side.

By the way, do you know if this temperature behavior on this thread "Intersil HIP6602BC @ 95ºC?! Is this normal?! " https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...0807#post10807

Thanks,
                        Mikeluz

Comment

Just to toss in a monkeywrench for fun, if a customer has the need and the volume, major players like UCC will do custom parts. So if a particular value/voltage/can-size isn't a catalog item, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a counterfeit. Also, just because an item is in the catalog, that doesn't mean the part has ever been made. The catalog advertises their capabilities.
                          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Thanks for the information. That's a relief ... I wrote about the fake YXG in here.

Just to toss in a monkeywrench for fun, if a customer has the need and the volume, major players like UCC will do custom parts. So if a particular value/voltage/can-size isn't a catalog item, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a counterfeit. Also, just because an item is in the catalog, that doesn't mean the part has ever been made. The catalog advertises their capabilities.
                            So, that's what happens. It's kinda shocking to me, but then its the reallity

I could name some series like NCC KMH and teapo LXK that i found & hade some spec/dimension absolutely different with the datasheet. I was thinking they are new species

The LXK i mention is from a Tt PSU, so i dont think it's fake.

Comment

If a customer has the need and the volume, major players like UCC will do custom parts.
                              That could explain Panasonic FJ series. If they were fake why call them FJ, why not just make FM copies and avoid suspicions.

Comment

Ya, that makes sense But why not insert or update any info to the "Country of Origin (40 KB)" data, I tought Panasonic is a reputable company?

It could be that Samxon make the FJ for Panasonic..
                                Hmmm....
                                Last edited by willawake; 03-03-2006, 12:57 PM. Reason: invalid username specified

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeluz
                                  Also, did you mention fake Rubycon YXG? I've received from EPoX.NL some 1000uF 6.3V YXG Rubycons with dimensions 8x13mm different from Rubycon datasheet (10x16mm). Were your fake Rubycons 8x13mm also?
                                  Sorry, 'bout my fake YXG, the correct link is here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=721 (Fake Rubycon caps)

Mine is 10x23mm 2200uF 16V. I only found it matches the dimension for YXG 1200uF 16V (10x23mm).

Something fishy, there's no way 2 caps with the same case size, voltage rating, and even the same brand/series, have different capacitance. Different in delta 1000uF isn't small me think. Must be different in electrolyte formula.

Comment

how to tell country of origin of panasonic caps or impossible?

what means M CE FC
                                    what means 49IITL 49
                                    Last edited by willawake; 03-03-2006, 01:00 PM.

Comment

"M CE FC" - 20% tolerance; Capacitor, Electrolytic; FC series

"49IITL 49" - this is probably the date/batch and factory code info, but I don't know how to decipher it.
                                      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                                      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

thanks pete. i guess 49 is week 49? perhaps II is a year code? ack who knows.....

M is the matsushita logo tho. but your 20% tolerance was already enlightening on the HN(M) etc. very useful.
                                        Last edited by willawake; 03-03-2006, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X