Gigabyte EP43-DS3 starting up after hibernation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte EP43-DS3 starting up after hibernation

My daughter's computer, with a Gigabyte EP43-DS3 (F9 BIOS - the latest available) mainboard and a Thermaltake Toughpower 600W (W0103) power supply, starts up again soon after hibernation finishes (it resumes from hibernation correctly after BIOS messages).

Can anyone shine some light on this problem?
    Last edited by japlytic; 04-26-2009, 07:45 PM. Reason: Power supply model correction
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Gigabyte EP43-DS3 starting up after hibernation

Sounds like S3 power mode is disabled in the BIOS maybe? Only guessing here.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Gigabyte usually has the wake on lan enabled by default, check that.

Comment

Tried S1/S3 power mode, PME Event Wakeup, and Power On by Ring - no luck.
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
        X