CapXon = VENT two crap companies in one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CapXon = VENT two crap companies in one

I was given a W1700 today, that doesn;t work. Problem with the backlight inverter. I may try to get some help from you all on diagnosing the exact problem (I can;t afford the $90 or $80 replacements). Other than the fact that it has to be the most CRAPTACULAR collection of capacitors I have ever seen. Not one single good cap in there. All CapXon/VENT, Tayeh, Lelon etc. There are a bunch of black caps that on one side have the typical VENT logo and on the otherside have the CapXon logo. Have these companies mergered or are they the same thing. Maybe they are trying to take over the capacitor world with their craptacular abilities?

Re: CapXon = VENT two crap companies in one

I don't think VENT caps are CapXons, or vice-versa. If you look at several other cap brands, they also have 'vent' somewhere on them too. That's just a notice saying at which temperature the capacitor is rated at, eg. 105(C) VENT or VENT 85(C) or something like that.

Other caps that have 'vent' on the side that I know of:

Jen Pan (JPce-tur)
    Jenpo
    Fuhjyyu
    Dinacap
    Hitano
    maybe others...?

So yes, caps with 'VENT' on the side are generally crap caps. (Don't know about Hitano though.)
    Last edited by UraBahn; 12-07-2006, 10:55 AM.
    The ever-amazing (and ever-affordable) KY, Chemi-con's best kept secret.

I'll probably be the only person going to SteamOS once it gets out of beta (ha ha.)

Comment

Likewise, I don't think 'VENT' is a brand as such. Some caps are just so low-budget or made by a no-name company, that they don't bother printing the company name on the sleeve. I've seen plenty of capacitors, especially low uF ones, that don't have any indication of the brand (but do have a vent temperature) on the sleeve.
      You know there's something wrong when you open your PC and it has vented Rubycons...

Comment

Yep, CapXon isn`t the best cap brand you can buy, but i personally would not be angry or dissapointed if i would find them in any device. But obviousely they are not the chepest seller.

Comment

Jugoslovenac (YUGO) Jen Pan ne pravi JPCE. JPCE pravi CEC int. i zapravo spadaju u srednju a ne u nizu klasu

Originally posted by UraBahn
          I don't think VENT caps are CapXons, or vice-versa. If you look at several other cap brands, they also have 'vent' somewhere on them too. That's just a notice saying at which temperature the capacitor is rated at, eg. 105(C) VENT or VENT 85(C) or something like that.

Jen Pan (JPce-tur)
          Jenpo
          Fuhjyyu
          Dinacap
          Hitano
          maybe others...?

So yes, caps with 'VENT' on the side are generally crap caps. (Don't know about Hitano though.)

Comment

Everybody who claims CEC to be a crap brand is rather stupid. OK, some get bulged bit not more often then Chemicon or Fujitsu. Enermax (Galaxy, Infinity, FMA...series), good SuperFlower PSUs and some mediocre Xilence use JPCE models of electrolytes. The quality is equal to TEAPO and Samxon, not the best but certanly good enough, with small faliure statistics!

Best regards from SRBIJA

Jen Pan (JPce-tur)
            Jenpo
            Fuhjyyu
            Dinacap
            Hitano
            maybe others...?

Comment

Jen Pan (JPce-tur)
              Jenpo
              Fuhjyyu
              Dinacap
              Hitano
              maybe others...?

Don't forget Rifeking

Comment

Working...
              X