Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Teapo

Originally posted by larrymoencurly View Post
    In my old SmartPower Antecs, the Koshins and Teapos failed before the Fuhjyyus,
    I take that as an indication that Teapo = junk.

Comment

^
      I've seen that before on rare occasions (where the teapos get outlasted by fuhjyyu).
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by larrymoencurly View Post
        In my old SmartPower Antecs, the Koshins and Teapos failed before the Fuhjyyus,
        Maybe because the quality of the Fuhjyyus was so bad that all the other capacitors had to stem all the ripple & noise and so were out of spec which caused them to fail?

Comment

Get this:

Originally posted by larrymoencurly
          I recently replaced bad Koshins and Teapos in some Antec power supplies that have been used daily for 4-5 years, so I measured the Fuhjyyus in there, and their ESRs were only about 0.03 ohm. Does that mean I have fake Fuhjyyus?

Comment

It must have been fake Fuhjyyu capacitors .

Comment

I think there's been quite a bit of spam lately...

EDIT: Like the post above.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker View Post
                I think there's been quite a bit of spam lately...

EDIT: Like the post above.
                The post totally dissapeared xD

Thank you moderators!

-Ben
                Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

My teapo 1x 2200uf/10v 2x 3300uf/6.3v from tg500-u33II, i replace it with this old 2 x rubycon 6.3/3300uf from asus motherboard and new 1 x jamicon TB 2200uf/10v
                  Attached Files

Comment

I voted average. Because they aren't up par with the Japanese caps. My 7 year old Athlon 64 x2 4000+ PC has a Hipro PSU which the caps are STILL good!

Well I also saw PSU's with bad Teapo's (Most of them were dusty and the fan was failing). They are OK in well cooled PSU's, like my 7 y.o. computer.

Comment

I'd still take Teapo over the other cheap brands, if stores would even sell "brand name" caps in the first place. Jaycar Australia mainly sells unknown brands like S.I., Suntan and Topcon (there was at least one box with Hitano caps as well), at least from my local store.

Comment

I would rate Teapo's at the higher end of the bad cap brands. They're still a bad cap brand, but just the fact that people here are arguing over them should give you an idea that they're better then Capaxon, or Rulycon, or Jamicon.

If there was a border line for good caps and bad caps, I would put Teapo just slightly south of that border. You can use them for probably a couple years in a high heat setting, whereas I wouldn't trust a Capaxon or Jamicon to make it 6 months.

Comment

TEAPO
                          it's my favorite
                          capacitor

Wow that's some quality poetry.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge
                            Just how bad do you guys reckon they are? Nowadays, I find just as much gear with failed Teapo as I do with Fuhjyyu, and I absolutely hate them. If I find them in my own gear, they get replaced pre-emptively as soon as the warranty is up.

EDIT: I probably should add that Teapo and Fuhjyu caps are both about as common as each other around here
                            The very fact that Teapos are in a given device is enough for me. Like whoever spec'd them "boasts" about being cheap.

Sort of like "Evercon." Ever Con? Always. Though those are worse than Teapo...

I replace them immediately. In the rare instance something new has them, they get replaced. Not like that happens much, since I buy, repair and use, mostly older equipment.

CapXon is the new Fuh-juju, while Teapos will at least let the device operate long enough till the good caps come in.

"pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                            Originally posted by shango066
                            All style and no substance.
                            Originally posted by smashstuff30
                            guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                            guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                              TEAPO
                              it's my favorite