Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 lcd replacement

Originally posted by budwich View Post
    Some can be "side loaded" but any site / link that "re-directs" to the store is basically useless.
    Side loading is one sure way to get a virus/malware.

Couple points learned... be weary of the device maker and their commitment to their products. As a result, think twice about android devices which appear to be "toss in the garbage" units, both figuratively and literally after a year or two.
    Unless it is the premium high end product, most manufacturers will ditch any software support after one year or two.

I try to buy tablets that have custom rom options.

Personally, I buy used name brand tablets with lots of DRAM and CPU power to run games and NON critical apps. I have no personal information on any of these tablets and use throwaway emails and passwords.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if the T321 can be flashed with the T320 custom rom? Obviously, 3G won't work.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Aptoide for Android seems ok on these sorts of devices in my opion. not as good as google play but does have some good apps.

Comment

I was wondering if one of the "other firmwares" have less "restrictions"... ie. there is a ukranian and another. Of course, I am some what leery of these. :-)

Comment

well, finally got the replacement "sub parts" that I broke getting the old screen off. The navigator ribbon cable (led lights on the button and home button) and the vol up / down plus power. Used some 3m double sided adhesive tape (2mm) and attached the screen to the frame, then snapped frame into the back cover / case. Works fine. A good salvage from the garbage.

Will likely try routing and replacing the t321 "chinese restricted" firmware with the t320 wifi only "worldwide" firmware. Loses the phone capability but gains access to apps store. Hopefully, there isn't an underlying issue... wouldn't think so since it is the "T3XX family" and I am not trying to gain "hard functionality", actually going to less "hard functionality".

In my travels while waiting, I played with the unit to see how well the battery held up and how good charging worked. Found that certain microusb cables didn't cause charging to function well.... even a samsung "original" (from the t320) was suspect at times. Then I came across one that functions well. Starts charging every time. It has two raise "dimples" on one side and two on the opposite side. It appears that this seats the microusb into the socket better allowing proper contact to the charge pins. Take it for what it is worth especially after reading of the many complaints on the net about poor charging with fingers pointing at everything from the cable to the port, to the battery to the charger "brick".
            Last edited by budwich; 08-15-2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
              Aptoide for Android seems ok on these sorts of devices in my opion. not as good as google play but does have some good apps.
              It certain does seem to have a lot of free or "otherwise" apps... maybe this will delay my "migration" to a different firmware option. Thanks for the pointer.

Comment

i use aptoide a lot on my adroid devices seems too do the job ok

Comment

I had some success with a few and not so with others apps from the site. It would appear that in most cases that I have come across are somewhat dated as I guess the "original creator" may not be aware of this "portal". :-) Anyways, it seems alot "wider" than the apkmirror so hopefully the combination of both will give this chinese base samsung some "life after garbage can".... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                    Try some custom roms. That is the nice thing about Samsung, they have a lot of options.

Check XDA site.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-pro-12-10-8
                    Just updated my Samsung T320 from Samsung stock 4.4.2 because of the WPA2 Krack to CM 13.0. Seems to work fine so far. I followed these instructions.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/mondrianwifi/install

The T320 last update was January 2017.

Using the CM T320 firmware for the T321 may work?
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with either my t320 or this t321. I was hoping that samsung would push out an official update for the "krack" but that probably asking for a lot these days... especially when I can't bribe anyone... :-)
                      The t321 has been pretty good both in terms of operation and even battery staying power. I will take a look at the link to see whats up. I don't have much on either as I still use a wired pc and / or imac for most / all "secure stuff".

Comment

Working...
                      X