Blown capacitor? on acer 7739

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blown capacitor? on acer 7739

for some strange reason the short to ground problem returned so I can't measure any voltage because when I connect the power it shorts.
    How can I measure what could short to ground (except check one by one)

Comment

Can someone give me an idea how to solve this problem?

Comment

Sounds like to me and the looks of the Cap/Resistor you showed earlier, you may have an internal trace short. The layers look lifted around the burnt out piece you showed.

You can solder a wire on the board for GND and 12V and just push a good amount of amps (the max the computer might pull no need to just fry it) to it and see what happens.

I had a Samsung Series 7 that had an internal trace short around the Power plug. When I injected 12v from my power supply it smoked right away.
        In those cases its becomes a parts board.
        Last edited by BCConnectionLLC; 05-07-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

If nothing smokes or blows up start feeling around for things getting hot. Careful because shorted parts that can handle full load without blowing will get hot enough to blister you in some cases.

Comment

Can you tell me where should I inject the 12V?

Comment

At the main power port on the board. There should be fairly large pads to solder to. Just make sure you solder the GND to GND and 12v to 12v pins. Wiring backwards will destroy the board.

Comment

My problem is that when I give power to power jack it short the dc power.
                I must inject voltage after the short circuit component which I don't know how to find it. I already put 19V from a dc power adaptor but nothing get hot or blown it just shorts the power.

Comment

You have to hook up something that will push power without kicking off. I use a Desktop power supply 12V rail and pulse the enable pins on it to keep it from tripping the short safety.

Jolted with 12V at a good amp will usually blow things or make them hot that are shorted.

Comment

I don't have desktop power supply yet. I am still looking for something that is good and cheap . I will buy one I hope next week .
                    Is there another way to put voltage to blow or make the component that has problem get hot?

Comment

Originally posted by rippergr View Post
                      I don't have desktop power supply yet. I am still looking for something that is good and cheap . I will buy one I hope next week .
                      Is there another way to put voltage to blow or make the component that has problem get hot?
                      Any tower power supply from a computer. Doesnt matter the age. They should all have 12v.

Comment

Working...
                      X