This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here
    [INDENT]Hello, BadCaps.Net Forum. I am new to this forum. I'm looking for information on how to fix a MAG MA-32ef1ac and a Hanns G HG281D. I would greatly appreciate any help I can receive. I purchased a multimeter and a soldering gun yesterday. I took three years of advanced technology in high school, but that was 19 years ago. I think I can figure out how to fix these devices with your help.

The MAG does not turn on. I purchased a power board and it still does not turn on. I don't have a standby light either. I am looking for info on how to test the boards with my multimeter.

The Hanns turns on, but it will cut off once I turn on my cable box, chromecast, or laptop. Any device I connect to it basically. Sometimes the picture comes back. But it does not last long and it flickers in and out.

I don't see any blown or raised caps on the power, main, or logic boards. But I understand that a cap can go bad without any visual marks. I'm not sure on how I should test the boards to find out the problem that needs to be fixed.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Hello –

N00b here…

I have a 5 year old LG 55” LED LCD TV (55LM8600) which recently froze up on me while watching TV thru my HD antenna. In any event, the screen froze so I turned the TV off, and when I turned the TV back on, the TV would freeze on the LG start up logo.

First, I unplugged the TV and let it sit. Nothing.

Second, I tried every conceivable method to hard reset the TV. Nothing.

Third, I removed the main board and baked it @ 385-degrees for 10-minutes. Nothing. Still gets stuck on the LG start up screen.

Fourth, I removed the main board and baked it @400-degrees for 15-minutes. – Now there's no LG logo on start up – just a black screen. Fried the board I guess.

Fifth, I ordered a used replacement board from ebay, installed it, and when I turned on the tv, I got the LG logo, then it cycled off to a blank screen. It only did that one time. I re-installed, re-set, un-plugged the TV, now it goes back to the LG logo.

Sixth, I downloaded the firmware update (Dec 2016) to a USB drive, and tried updating per the manufacturers directions. Nothing. Still stuck on the start-up screen.

I'm at a loss. Is there anything else I should check before returning this replacement board??

Thanks!

Comment

My name is Al and I appreciate the opportunity to become a member. I have been repairing vintage tube radios (and some tube TV's) for many years so Badcaps seems like a perfect fit as I move into 21st century TV's.
        I do not have a formal electronics education so a lot of what I know was learned from others, including endless forum reading as I search out answers to repairing everything from radios to cars to how to build a bridge crane (I'm deep into that project currently).
        I found this forum after receiving my first free broken LCD TV awhile back. The folks here have a lot of knowledge and are not afraid to help someone with limited or basic knowledge.

Comment

Hi Badcaps forum,

I had just received from a friend a 52 sharp LCD TV recently that needs repair, being curious and adventurous i would like to repair the TV. All search from google lead me back to this forum, and I found a lot of useful information here.

Hope I can learn and of course fix the gigantic 52" LCD TV to replace my tiny 32"

Comment

hello all...
            I studied Engineering in Electronics but get into networking field and playing around with routers... I joined this group more than year ago while google for some stuff and got this forum, but did not get a chance to introduce myself...I'm poor in story writing ..so cutting shot...

I had just received a Samsung LED UN40F6400 from a friend that needs repair. with my own interest and curious i would like give a try to repair the TV.

Hope I get better support from mates...

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Comment

Hello! I'm find there post about repair UPS Cyberpower. My CyberPower PR1500ELCDRTXL2U is not power on. i'm from Russia, sorry about bad english.

Comment

Hi everyone !!

I was looking for a Badcaps' Board and I think I felt in the right place.
                I'm 40 and I'm from France so......sorry for my english.

Thanks

Comment

Hello there. i've come here bacause I saw some help from posters, and I was looking for boardview schematics of laptops.

Comment

Hi everyone,

This is Ken. Here to learn from the forums.

Comment

Hello, I'm fairly new to the badcaps forum. I'm a college student who enjoys working on all types of electronics. I just finished a repair on a 70" sharp with bad tab drivers! Woot woot

Comment

Howdy! Do it yourselfer here that is looking for some peculiar TV insight. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi,

I have worked in the service industry for 35 years. Sometimes I need new ideas how to troubleshoot new repairs and I think this is a good site to be registered to.

Joe

Comment

Hi.
                            I would like to teach myself and get deeper into engineering for hobby and job.

Comment

Hi.

Have been working with PC's for over 10 years now and have always done the basic stuff. Now i am trying to learn how to fix electronics components on a hardware level and even thought i have learned a lot in the past few months since i have my new job, it's seems like it's just a tiny fraction of the knowledge i need to figure out electronics.

Comment

Hi, just a circuit tinkerer.

Comment

I am 70years old and have been in the TV repair trade since I was 17years old,i am now retired but would like to see if I can contribute to this forum.
                                  Tim

Comment

Hello,

I like to learn how to fix things, and my tv just broke....

Comment

hello im newbie here hope i will learn a lot here

and i will share my knowledge too

thanks

Comment

hi i like to stay with the times

Comment

Hi guys I'm an electrician and found this site while looking for a fix for a Vox amp I was given.
                                          Seems awesome so far
                                          From Sydney Australia

Cheers
                                          Simon

Comment

Working...
                                          X