X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi All,

From Australia, Hoping to learn how to fix my parents TV.

Comment

Hi,
      this is my first hello badcaps message

Comment

Introduction

I'm very happy to be part of this forum

Comment

Hey guys, joined because I'm interested in fixing my tv that went out on me. Hoping this is the place.

Comment

Hope I'll become a better engineer as I become part of this forum

Comment

hi to all!! well i see that TopCat has been around for a while, man i wish i could have all the fixing knowledge you have by now.

Well i'm a programming student but now i just want to dive into hardware knowlege since my macbook pro 2011 ust went dead on me and i want to fix it myself. i will need your kind guidance sirs (and gals if there are any here xD)

btw i'm in my late 20's and will learn a lot from here

Comment

Hello, I'm a bit newer in terms of experience at electronics repair. However, I've got a couple decades of taking them a part and putting at least, like, 10% of them back together under my belt.

My current projects that might lead to questions here: Replacing a ceramic decoupling cap on a 10 year old Dell Dimension Mobo, Undiagnosed weird faults on a netbook, recently got a free 9 year old Celeron Vaio and have a $2 C2D in the mail for it, Messing around with with smartphone HMDs for VR or just reduced eye and neck strain for long hours of internet use, cheap/old stereo receivers, adding an aux to my car stereo, etc.

Comment

Looking forward to being a member of this forum.

Comment

Greetings from Athens - Greece.

Mechanical Engineer working for a ... German company in Renewables and energy storage.

Was a old-time member in Badcaps more than 10 years ago when we had the onslaught of ... bad caps in a variety of motherboards and I was the unlucky owner/user of 4 different mobos that suffered! (Abit socket-A KT9A, MSI 69xx - the one with the dual PIII, a Transcend with the Tualatin version of PIII, and a 1st generation red P4 mobo that was trashed immediately and never repaired).

Family and stuff took a toll and I was forced to abstain for a decade or so but I have been lately cursed by a strange device that goes under the name of ... VESTEL so it was an easy decision to re-enroll!

Cheers

Comment

Hi everyone !

I am Stefanos, retired IT professional from Serres-Greece. I dabble in electronics also, and found your forum while looking for information on how to fix a monitor power board. Found no schematics anywhere for my dell u2412mb power board , but found a member that posted helpfull pictures about the caps.

Thanks a bunch guys , I hope I can someday contribute , but I am a bit of a newbie

Comment

Hello my name is Jeff. I purchased a 2007 Philips plasma for cheap because there is a power on / off, clicking, no power issue. I've read other threads on this topic and I humbly ask with great appreciation anybody still on here to take a few minutes of your time. I have a meter to read levels and such but haven't used it much at all on circuit boards. I'm accurate pictures and I'm familiar with this set up behind the screen. It's awesome to have forums like this when used responsibly. Thank you

Comment

Hi All

I'm very interesting in field laptop repair. hope I can learn it from this forum

Comment

hi names Danny

live in louisiana I have exp buying electronics for the military as a buyer for L-3 Inc Alutiiq LLC and Titan Engineering.

Comment

Hi guys, i been a member for - well I dont know... lol. But I had to make this post so I can make use of my account.

Anyways, Im a Sole Trader of Beaconsfield Computer Repairs. I repair pretty much anything electronic. PC's, Laptops, Graphics Cards, Macbook, SMD, BGA, reball & reflow, and some liquid damage.

Comment

hi,
                                my name is Anton
                                live in Slovenia, Europe.
                                My profession is computer programmer and I work like system engineer.
                                I work electronics for hobby and to keep some old devices in function...
                                Just have basic education of electronics.

Comment

P.S my name is Gurj (or Gary), either is fine.

Originally posted by gurj1979 View Post
                                  Hi guys, i been a member for - well I dont know... lol. But I had to make this post so I can make use of my account.

Anyways, Im a Sole Trader of Beaconsfield Computer Repairs. I repair pretty much anything electronic. PC's, Laptops, Graphics Cards, Macbook, SMD, BGA, reball & reflow, and some liquid damage.

Comment

Hi all

Comment

hello all. this is Sam. new to this community but new to electronics

Comment

I am a newbie on here. Great forum.

Comment

Hello All, This is Ed from Canada - a software IT guy with strong interest in hardware, and I started touching computer in 1984. I was an electronic assembler long time ago though I wished to be able to fix radio receiver, TV ... ( I just found this great forum and hope to learn more real electronic knowledge from you. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X