Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch Capacitors

Hello folks!

Noob here, probably going to ask a noob question.

Ran into an issue with a Nintendo Switch that would only charge on one side of the port after replacing the USB C port (I have already done 1 successfully).

So I went ahead and reflowed the M92T36. No problems, but no changes.

I then took off both of the ESD IC's as they are no longer fitted on newer boards and have been known to cause issues. No change.

Also there were no shorts found.

Here is where we get to my question..

I wanted to reflow P13USB just to see if that helped before I changed it out, and what did I do? I nudged the chip a little too far and knocked off 3 of the capacitors that sit right below the P13USB. I've been searching around for the correct value but I have been getting mixed information (I think?).

This is not my photo, but I am looking for the value's on the caps with the dotted red box. Not the solid red box on the left. I've read these are 0201 size and are 100pf caps. However, I have this as a reference as well..

The above reads same size but different value of 0.1uf. The conversion chart reads
    0.0001uF = 0.1n = 100pF
    0.1uF =100nF =100000pF

So someone is wrong? I just want to know the correct value so I can order them fix the issues I caused.. haha!

Thanks for the help and the forum!

-Mediaman

Re: Nintendo Switch Capacitors

Hello,

I have done some measurement with my FLUKE 115, the value for those caps is 150nF.

M92T36 and P3IUSB are QFN package.
    Reflow a QFN package it is useful?

Comment

Re: Nintendo Switch Capacitors

Sorry for the late response. It's been a little hectic around the workshop as of late.

Thank you for clarifying that information elecsoluces. I'll go ahead and order the 0.1uF caps at the proper size. Ill probably also go ahead and replace both chips out of good measure. Hopefully that will help the other side of the cable to work.

Comment

Working...
      X