X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all!

I had been raised with technology ever since i laid hands on a keyboard(despite me not typing very efficiently still ^^ and had always been fascinated with how we were able to grasp a chip that can think. I started to think this way ever since the homebrew on the wii and had wanted to go deep and It was a gateway that helped me go deep.
    I am attempting to self train on a mixed field between the OS system and hands-on fixes like flashing a BIOS and security.
    I really hope we can learn and teach together!

Comment

Hello. A big thanks to all for this great site

Comment

Hello Everyone and greetings from Belgium,

I'm fixing vintage toshiba laptops, I've got quite a few of them (2130, 420, 720, etc )

I'm now in the process of fixing T1100 which seems quite a challenge as it seems the entire T1100/T1200 is a bit cursed. I'll get to the bottom of it, and it may require... recapping a bit

Comment

Hello everyone, my names Dom and currently looking to get into electronic repair, specifically laptop repair at the moment. Been working for a MSP for a few years now so used to replacing faulty components on desktops, laptops etc but no experience in diving into logic board schematics and diagnosing directly on the board.

First laptop I have is a HP 250G5 with an i7. logic board name LA-D704P. For the most part reading on here I don't think any schematics have been released specifically for this but i'm gonna keep searching!

looking for some recommended reading too if anyone see's this with something to recommend

cheers all

Comment

Hi my name is jaryn and my background is electrical engineering. I recently aquired a samsung TV that has some issues with the power board and I have joined this forum to aid in the repair of this TV as well as contribute where I can.

Comment

Hi!
              I'm Nuno,from Portugal.
              I work as a electromechanical maintenance tech.
              The goal is to repair my laptop and learn along the way.
              If I can help, I will gladly do!

Comment

Hello, I hope to find very important information in this forum, and as far as possible also contribute with my knowledge or with my research.

Comment

Hello, I am Peter from Bognor Regis in the UK.
                  I am a member of the Vintage Radio forum and a member of the BVWS.
                  I have been in elecronics all my career, mostly medical electronics.
                  Retired now my hobby is restoring vintage equipment.

Peter

Comment

Stumbled across this website while searching for some firmware dumps, seems like an awesome repository of knowledge!

Comment

Greatings from Portugal,

Since Spectrum, Commodore Amiga and first Mac's I'm in contact with electronic devices, I still have what you can see in attachment, someday I'll give it a go too

I do some small repairs on TV's (if i have the TS guides).

I saw BADCAP FORUM a few years ago when my motherboard broke down (Abit) and never decided to join to try seeking help for how to revive it, but now I'm willing to give it a new life and maybe contribute with something.

Tomalamix
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I am into retro gaming and would like to preserve my babies from extinction. Looking into caps reference and see which one can be replaced with an alternative brand or model.

Hi everyone.
                        Armandooooo

Comment

I am new and a little novice I live in France and I test laptop motherboards.
                          Your site is excellent and full of resources and I am happy to be part of it.
                          Sorry for my English ............. Thank you.: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:: visage rouge:

Comment

Hi!
                            I'm Humberto and I'm from Portugal.
                            I´m an IT Solutions Architect for Industrial Environments.
                            Hope to help and contribute as much i can, so if you have questions just post me!
                            Greetings to all

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello,
                                I am Vali from Romania.
                                Thank you for accept me
                                Greeting to all

Comment

Hi,
                                  This is cassoulet from France.
                                  Thank you for registering me.

Comment

Hi all,
                                    my friends call me Vali.
                                    I'm from Romania and now leave in Madrid, Spain.
                                    I have some experience in electronics, few years repairing laptop boards.

Comment

Good evening.
                                      I just joined the forum, found by chance on the net.
                                      first of all my compliments to the staff, great job.
                                      very clean platform.
                                      the second goes to all of you, more and less elderly of the forum.
                                      Let me introduce myself briefly.
                                      my name is Marco, I am 52 years old, I carry out this job (electronic repair) by profession and passion.
                                      I am the owner and manager of an authorized service center company.
                                      I manage 36 brands, and I have various collaborators by my side.
                                      I have been practicing this profession (out of passion since I was a child) for about 38 years.
                                      I hope alive to lend my humble car and above all to know many friends.
                                      Hello and thank you for welcoming me.

Marco

:Saluti:

Comment

Hi, my name is Tim and I am in MI. I do component level logic board repair on mainly MacBooks as well as PC laptops and other electronics. I love to tinker! Thanks for letting me join the Badcaps forum.

Comment

Good evening, from Toronto, Canada.

I am an electronics hobbyist. I got my start back in 1975, when I built a stereo amplifier from a Heathkit kit (an AA 1214 - still have it!). In the years since then, I have built many electronic projects, mostly audio related, some test related, too. I also have developed an interest in repairing electronic devices. I hate to pitch and replace if something with a bit of thought and careful troubleshooting might be repaired. We throw away too much these days.

Having said all that, while some of my projects and repair efforts have succeeded, some haven't. That is why I've joined Badcaps (great name, btw). I look forward to learning more about electronics. I have scored some great repair tips through the internet. I figure if I have a particular electronics problem, chances are someone else has faced that same problem, too, and possibly shared valuable advice.

Keep safe, wherever you may be during these pandemic times.

Finster56

Comment

Working...
                                          X