Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel DP55WG

Hello,

I have a rather unusual question, but in the absence of a schematic i thought that someone here will be able or wiling to help me a bit. I have this Intel DP55WG board with a socket 1156 that doesn't want to turn on. I discovered that i do not have the 3V Std by so therefore i can't have any start-up.

The question it's as follows : were on the board it's located the stepdown from 5v std by to 3v ???

The board components test ok , i can't find any short , the 5V std by led it's lit, but no 3v std by and no voltage to the power on pins for the front panel. The voltage rails for the Sbridge are not shorted to ground, the SIO chip looks fine.

I also attached a picture, maybe it's easier like this.

Thank you !
    Attached Files

Re: Intel DP55WG

Disconnect PSU from motherboard. Then, using your multimeter's lowest resistance setting (usually 200 Ohms for manual multimeters), put the red (+) probe on the ATX connector 5VSB pin. With the negative (-) probe, find all regulators and MOSFETs that connect to the 5VSB rail and point them to us in your picture.

Comment

I thought the +3.3 volts came from the power supply, should be on pins 1-2-12 & 13
      Attached Files
      Last edited by R_J; 04-01-2016, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        I thought the +3.3 volts came from the power supply, should be on pins 1-2-12 & 13
        Many motherboards have a stand-by 3.3V rail, just as nicolae788 described his. It is usually used by the LPC/SIO and sometimes SB and power-on related functions. This 3.3V standby rail is generated from the PSU's 5VBS, naturally. It is also often stepped-down for the SB stand-by and RAM Vtt stand-by rails.

Comment

Working...
        X