Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mercury pc power supply only 5vsb supply.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mercury pc power supply only 5vsb supply.

The two transistors you checked should read about the same. The fact that one checks different shows there is a problem, remove the transistors and check them out of circuit.
    the vertical at base- continuous beep - black at base- continuous beep-value decreases- o-1812
    This confirms the beeping is meaningless. the resistance of 0Ω or 1812Ω produces the continuity beep. so how in the hell can you go by that?

Comment

yes ,you were right,i saw some youtube vid ,saying the continuity in diode cant be reliable,you have to remove it to test it properly, i was thinking to buy and keep just in case as my shop here is at 1 hour distance.was planning to go there today..
      oh ya i removed it outside ,both of test weird.. confused..
      so going to get new transistors now,if may i get diodes too.

Comment

i cheked the diodes ,with black probe in between and difference at either sides come almost same sometimes or 1 value difference. 40-39 ,39-40.. 28-29 ,guess they are ok
        oh and i removed some 4148 near the transistors which gave short beep with no value. but after removing they checked to be normal ,really as you said damm beeps are nothing!
        Last edited by playit; 03-20-2020, 12:55 AM.

Comment

they have nothing in the shop,they dont know anything.. hate these guys,,i have to order online now.

Comment

i have this transistor available ST2SC1815 ,almost similar parameters except these 2 - ft is 250 for h495p ,80 for ST2SC1815, power dissipation is 250mW for h495p , 400mW for ST2SC1815
            can i replace h495p with ST2SC1815 ?

Comment

The 2sc1815 should work fro the h945

Comment

hi ,hope you are in good health.. after a long time,i got my shipping.. so i fixed c945 ,fixed it all.. it worked for 2 secs then boom boom ,flashes came.i switched it off immediatly.. please see the pics ,what happend.. i think primary side resistors busted off ,it was fun tho.. atleast i made it work for 2 secs lol.
                Attached Files

Comment

It looks like the mosfets in the primary shorted and blew the gate resistors and diodes, and likely the two small electrolytics were bad as well.

Comment

oh damm.. so its not because of low volt 200v (before it was 250v) in the filter capacitor big ones? anyways to fix them.. ?

Comment

is it totally damaged? no way to fix it?

Comment

Working...
                      X