This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommend me a MultiMeter

It isn't advertising. The moderators closed the other thread in which he spammed a lot, but since this one is still here there must be nothing wrong with it.

And honestly, there's nothing wrong with Chinese products. The Chinese have the technology to build at ANY level of quality you wish for. It just depends on how much you are willing to pay. I don't regret one bit spending $80-something for my Uni-T UT60E instead of paying almost double for a Fluke that only has half the features. And yes Flukes can be had for cheaper than $150... but not in this country. To top it off, the frequency meter of the UT60E which is rated for 10MHz actually works (tested) up to 50 Meg, while keeping the same degree of accuracy (0.1%) printed in the manual! My only complaint with it is the slow autoranging, but it can be overriden if it's not required.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by romansroad View Post
      After slogging through the myriad of advertising links in this post from a certain new member, I find myself asking......where are the moderators with the long overdue eject button?
      And on that you can say anything,the champion?

Comment

You know English words and spelling but your grammar makes your posts meaningless.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Don't worry guys, devid21 will look like my profile picture soon enough...

Comment

POOF!
            troll gone.
            ROFLOL!
            Originally posted by MixMasta View Post
            Don't worry guys, devid21 will look like my profile picture soon enough...

Comment

Devid the troll has taken a permanent vacation.

The other thread was closed due to all of his pollution in it if you wish to continue discussing DIY ESR meters feel free to open another thread.
              Last edited by Krankshaft; 12-10-2010, 03:25 AM.
              Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft View Post
                Devid the troll has taken a permanent vacation.
                Thank you.

Comment

devid21...your mentioned stuff are all bullshit..ah well,your also bullshit so they will suit you fine

Comment

go for fluke.or tektronix tx-3. i have these in my shops and they never failed.

Comment

A very late update since my post back in May 2010.

I bought an used working Meterman 15XP for 99 cents off ebay. It has worked great in the last 6 months.

For all those Fluke recommendations, I managed to get a working Fluke 75 (probably 20 years old) for $20 CDN locally. I just got it a couple of days ago and haven't used it much yet.

The only thing I don't like about the Fluke 75, so far, is the very spongy range switch. The Meterman has a very positive and tactile range switch.
                      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Nice score it never hurts to have an extra meter. Especially when you want to measure voltage and current at the same time or want to spot check the accuracy of another meter.
                        Last edited by Krankshaft; 12-24-2010, 09:37 PM.
                        Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft View Post
                          Nice score it never hurts to have an extra meter. Especially when you want to measure voltage and current at the same time or want to spot check the accuracy of a meter.
                          I believe it is the original 75. It doesn't say 75-2 or 75-3.

There are six Fluke 77-3 on ebay right now (same seller) all around $22 bids. Auction expires in about 12 hours. I'm curious to see their final bid prices.
                          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

My recommendation (price&quality&long life):
                            Soldering station: Goot PX-201 $49
                            http://www.howardelectronics.com/goot/px201.html

Multimeter: Fluke 12 (get used one on Ebay $50), dont invest money il those no-name brands, one mistake and you can damage that meter. Fluke you can not damage, its well protected and you can always resale it!

ESR meter: Get analog ESR meter like MUL-3333 $50, its faster to work with than digital meter.

Advanced & expensive meters for professionals:
                            Capacitor testing: LC 103 Sencore, BK 897B, Hioki 3501.

Multimeter:

GMC instruments; Gossen Metrawatt) MetraHit E-Tech
                            or Fluke 77IV, 87V or 28
                            also amazing brands that would last forever: Hioki, Kyoristu, Yokogawa

Soldering: JBC (the best), ERSA, Metcal

Comment

I love my Fluke 77. Have had it since about 1987.
                              Never a problem. Well one problem, caused by a cat-fight but turned out to be an easy repair.

There's one on Ebay for the low buy-it-now price of $395.00 I don't love 'em THAT much...
                              Last edited by smason; 01-12-2011, 08:25 PM.
                              36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Working...
                              X