Fisher RS-1056: Can't Remove Indicator Lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fisher RS-1056: Can't Remove Indicator Lamps

Hello all. I am servicing my Fisher RS-1056 stereo receiver, and am trying to remove the indicator lamp that indicates whether it's receiving FM stereo or not. It seems to be burned out. The disassembly instructions say to grab the lamp holder's base with pliers and pull it out of the grommet holder. After 40 years of use, the lamp holder has gotten VERY stuck into the grommet holder, and I can't remove it. Apart from literally cutting it out, how do you remove this thing!?

Thanks for the help.
    Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
    RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
    Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
    - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
    - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
    - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
    - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Re: Fisher RS-1056: Can't Remove Indicator Lamps

Just cut out the old rubber grommet, it will need replacing anyway because of hardening.

Comment

Working...
    X