Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audiosource Amp 100

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of an audiosource amp100 service manual or schematic. I was given a broken amp100 and need to replace some capacitors that are blown apart, so I cant read the specs on them.

The caps that need replacing are C106 and C302

In lieu of the service manual, if anyone knows the specs on these two capacitors it would be much appreciated.

Attached Files

Re: Audiosource Amp 100

That amp uses TDA7294 IC, which has failed and popped those capacitors. Notice the black spots where the IC smoked. I would pull the IC and dead caps.

C106, C206 are bootstrap capacitors (verify they go to pin 6) 22uF 50V but some people upsize to 100uF 50V.

Without a schematic, an approach is to look up the datasheet for the amp IC's TDA7294 and use those values, after you trace the caps back to the IC's pins.

Many people mod these and there are posts to get better sound: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ing-it-forward

Comment

That black glue or dope could be conductive also.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
        That amp uses TDA7294 IC, which has failed and popped those capacitors. Notice the black spots where the IC smoked. I would pull the IC and dead caps.

C106, C206 are bootstrap capacitors (verify they go to pin 6) 22uF 50V but some people upsize to 100uF 50V.

Without a schematic, an approach is to look up the datasheet for the amp IC's TDA7294 and use those values, after you trace the caps back to the IC's pins.

Many people mod these and there are posts to get better sound: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ing-it-forward

Thanks!

Comment

That capacitor on the left, looks bulged.

Comment

I have obtained the schematic for the Amp100 from audiosurce if anyone needs it for their own use. Please see attached.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Bterrier. Been looking for these for a long time.

Comment

Working...
              X