No Power Dell U2410 Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Power Dell U2410 Monitor

Has anyone been able to make any progress with this issue, which seems to be that the DELL U2410f's mainboard (in my case, part number 492271300100r) is not working properly anymore?

My monitor shows the very same symptoms as discussed before in here: at one point, it didn't power up anymore; I got 3.8 V instead of 5.0 V on the USB port; the power supply itself looks fine, from a visual and electrical inspection (in part).

Comment

I have also a Dell U2410f screen, it turns on (CCFL) and then they are going off, I can still operate the buttons.
      With a flashlight, I don't see anything on the screen and on the USB ports I have 5V and this does not change.

On the powerboard and the mainboard (with VGA etc..) are a couple of 560uf 10v aluminium electrolytic capacitors. The weird thing is, they all have the same measurement of +/- 723uf, you should think that they would measure +/- 560uf.
      These three caps I have measured with a ESR meter (Peak Atlas ESR60), and also the caps in the power supply. The caps from the power supply are okay.

The measurement of the transformers on the inverter-board are:
      1: 4,49K (CCFL side)
      2: 4,42K (CCFL side)
      3: 4,43K (CCFL side)
      4: 4,45K (CCFL side)
      5: 4,46K (CCFL side)
      6: 4,45K (CCFL side)
      7: 4,44K (CCFL side)

Pin 2+3 low voltage side: 1,12K
      Pin 2+3 low voltage side: 1,11K
      Pin 2+3 low voltage side: 1,11K

I will order a couple of new Panasonic 560uf 10v aluminium electrolytic capacitors, and will let you know.

Can perhaps someone test the 560uf 10v caps, i'm curious what your measurement is.

Comment

I also have a dead U2410, however, mine occasionally works. I have had it on several times while working on it and I have taken voltage measurements at CN851 and CN852. When mine is working, I have 5.15V on pins 11-14 on CN851. When it quits, there will be 5V until I hit the power button and then it will drop to 3.7V. At that point, I have to unplug it for a minute and try again. So the 3.7V reading may not indicate a bad firmware or dead micro. I'll post more as I dig deeper.

Merc

Comment

During power-on, the signal on CN851 pin 1 goes from 4.68V down to 0V for 300ms. It then goes up to 3.48V and holds there. During this same time CN851 pin 14 (5V) goes from 5V down to 3.76 then back up to 5V and holds there. I'll try to attach a picture.
          Attached Files

Comment

i have the same problem. all Capacitors and diodes on the power supply are ok and i have the same voltage drop when pressing the powerbutton.

Comment

does anybody know what chip is under the heatsink?

Comment

Hi, guys. Now I have dead U2410F to.
                Symptoms are very similar that described above.

Not switching On at all. Buttons light very bright and bezel going hot after short time. Power button have no any light.

High voltage capacitor hold 300V. Pins 11-14 on mainboard side has 5.16V. Pin 10 -no power, 8,9 - no power. Pin 1 - 4.8V. Pins 2-4 float.

If I short optocoupler I952 output on Pins 8,9 rise 12V and from back light side socket has 24V. But pin 10 stay down.
                I have red all posts. But looks like no solution found.

Comment

Hi, guys ! For my Dell I found some problems with the power supply board. Few capacitors and two out of four SP10200 were shortcircuited. I replaced them and now if I short the red cable with the black cable right next to it , I can trigger the whole board and get voltage everywhere. Maybe the problem is the keypad. I will return to that later.

Comment

It's working now! The cables from the touch keyboard on the side of the screen were cut. Don't know why and when this happened. Thank's for your info guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Hampus View Post
                      Hi Guys!

Starting my monitor during normal usage (front button poweroff), a short loud humming sound ended in a bang and black smoke.
                      The only casualty I can find (looking at the non-component side) seem to be diode D856.

From pics and the remains I pieced it together as an 1N5406.

A) Does any of you think this is caused by a broken component elsewere that I should replace so that it does not happen again (or something worse does)?
                      B) Any quality issues I should consider when I pick up a new 1N5406?

I have a basic understanding of electronics, but most of the electronics design here is beyond me at this point.

Hampus
                      Hi Hamspus,

My Dell U2410 was on fire today, and just burn with black smoke. I listen some burn noise and see the black smoke at the top of monitor and then hung up. And never turn on again.

How did you fix it?

I haven't disassembled de monitor yet, someone can help me how open it without damage?

Thanks

Comment

Hi all.
                        I have a Dell U2410f with broken Q950 and U950, no way to read anything on them as they are exploded/burned completely.

could some kind person please tell me and ficobel what values

Q950 and U950 have?

So please help, thanks!
                        Last edited by PHÚC; 10-03-2017, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Hi all.
                          I have a Dell U2410f with broken Q950 and U950, no way to read anything on them as they are exploded/burned completely.

could some kind person please tell me and ficobel what values

Q950 1 and U950 have?

So please help, thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Put a image of circuit, where is the componente if I can help you.

This is the fuking shit monitor I've had!!! And the most expensive too!!!

Comment

Hi, guys.
                              Dell U2410f no way to read anything on them as they are exploded/burned completely.

could some kind person please tell me what values
                              So please help, thanks!!!!

Attached Files

Comment

Give me your email to send you some photos.

It's not very visible, but you might see it.

I just can not find the Q950. Mark on the circuit please.

Comment

I find the Q950.

I've prepared an email to send you.

Comment

hello luissm
                                    Your email address is: phucnguyen.vt.sale@gmail.com
                                    thank luissm for the help.

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm also trying to fix a U2410.
                                      • No power when power button pressed
                                      • Opened case, inspected board. Found F850 (round black fuse next to IED socket) blown and open.
                                      • Replaced with identical fuse.
                                      • Unsurprisingly, popped again
                                      • Further inspection showed FR851 blown, and D860 blown
                                      • Sourced replacement for D860 (BYC8X-600)

I can't for the life of me work out what FR851 is - fusible resistor? But what is the resistance? It is coded as 208, but the remaining two "good" ones in the circuit measure at 600mOhm (with two different cheap multimeters)

Can someone please point me at a suitable replacement part from RS/digikey/mouser? It's driving me crazy!

https://theducks.org/pictures/noinde...0/u2410-01.jpg
                                      https://theducks.org/pictures/noinde...0/u2410-02.jpg
                                      https://theducks.org/pictures/noinde...0/u2410-03.jpg
                                      Last edited by theducks; 04-06-2018, 07:54 AM. Reason: try to add pics

Comment

0.2 Ohms fusible resistor.
                                        When you try to measure very very low resistance, you will have to subtract the meter probes wire resistance from the the reading unless your meter have the probes resistance null function.
                                        Last edited by budm; 04-06-2018, 09:57 AM.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi,

That's the problem with this power supply.

The resistance you refer to is 0.2 Ohm as referenced by budm.

But you will not need to replace only this component, there will be several including the MOSFET 15N60C3 HAF024 Transistor. And be careful that it has to be insulated base otherwise short circuit and burn again the fuse (CQ MET T4A 250V ) and the bridge rectifier.

List of components I've replaced

Fusible Resistor
                                          - 0.22 W 1W 5%
                                          - CQ MET T4A 250V

Resistor SMD
                                          - SMD 10KOhm 1/16W Pakage 0603

Diodes
                                          - ISL9R860PF2 8 A, 600 V, STEALTHTM
                                          - IN5406

Transistors
                                          - MOSFET 15N60C3 HAF024

I leave a scheme I made when I've repair mine.

If you need more help, let me know.

You can see more images in this post

Good luck.

Last edited by luissm; 04-06-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X