X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone,

Been reading the forum for many years now but just never joined. I've been fixing electronics since I was little, always loved knowing how things work. At the moment I'm mostly fixing laptops and PCs. I hope to share some useful knowledge as this forum has been quite useful to me as well.

Happy repairing to all!

Comment

Hi,

Recently retired self taught computerist. First in 1978, "Mother" is (still working) a 8080A chip with, for extra money, a doubling of RAM to 16 K, color, cassette hard drive and 30 odd programs, several by some no-name company called Microsoft. Own 40+ XP fully loaded computers (might start a math tutoring school for low income kids) and assorted computers. Love to take apart, combine and see what happens (often dire results).

Saw you guys talking about boards for blinks of death on Plasma TVs and my baby a Panasonic 54 -3D TC-P54VT25 died with 7 blinks of death a few days after my retirement. Would love to get her running again, but I have to admit you guys are way over my head. Anyway, reading your forums, service manuals and playing and hoping to find the right boards to get her back up (for the picture and the black, although I like the parlor trick of the the shutter glasses with Avatar and Tron). Also have a Mckintosh MC2300 and C33 preamp, to satisfy my rock and roll CDs and vinyl. Amazingly, although the MC2300 was brought up to spec by a Wizard; it just went low volume/distortion on one channel (bummer), literally a few days ago. Oh and I drive a 1968 convertible Caddie DeVille with 38K miles.

So hoping to bleed you guys for advice. Need to get and read some old radio books (according to my Wizard Terry DeWick). Thanks for setting up the forum, and yes TC both names seem appropriate as "Top Cat" and Moe characters. I'm in GA if anyone ever meets outside this virtual world.

Thanks,
      Ed

Comment

Hello to all from Portugal!
        I'm a newbie on this kind of stuff but I learn fast.
        Hope to find some help and give some help as well.

Regards.

Comment

Hi, new member here

Pretty knowledgeable in apple logic board repair, willing to share with fellow members. I also need some help for other stuff I know less.

Comment

Bonjourno. I spend a lot of time fixing things as a service. Usually electronic things, but I have strong interest in mechanical devices too. I have a fair bit of experience in repair and some in design so I think I could help people out her and learn a few things myself.

Comment

hi

another newbie!!!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I've just started out fixing stuff as a hobby. I like the challenge of solving puzzles. First thing is a BN44-00195A Power Board from a Samsung B245 Plus.

Comment

Hi, new member, looking to fix my lcd tv.....

Comment

Hi newbie here

Comment

Greetings! My name is Rick and Im 39 years old. Im employed by the US Navy (contractor) as an IT/Electronics Technician. I graduated from ITT Technical Institute then joined the US Navy as an IT. I proudly served my country for 7 years and am a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraqi Enduring Freedom and Ballistic Missle Defense (BMD) Japan. Seperated from the service in 2008 and Returned to my hometown in Southern California where I currently reside with my wife and 3 childeren. Thank you for having me. Now... Im eager to start searching for some info on my TV.

Comment

Buongiorno e grazie a tutti

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                          Another site Noob here, looking for useful electronics information in a virtual sea of uselessness.
                          Based on preliminary reads, BadCaps.net is a life raft.
                          Looking forward to casting my line and catching some knowledge.
                          Peace

Comment

Hello all. Fixing TVs is my new hobby. I have been in automotive industry since late 90's as a master tech and field rep for a manufacturer last ten years.

Comment

Hi everyone

Comment

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking a bit on this forum for quite some time now, and it's finally time to post messages

I'm from Annecy, France, and I'm just a dude doing stuff at home, I don't have a computer repair service, but from time to time, friends ask me to have a look at their computer. I work in a school, and we also have some equipment (computer, videoprojectors, audio stuff, etc...) that, for some reason or another, come back fried. Most of the time, it's too expensive to get a professional repairman to take a look at it, if you even can find one.

So I'm doing that whole ic level repair stuff as a hobby, on weekends, amongst tens of other projects

Currently, I have 3 computers that people would like me to repair : an Asus R511L that won't boot after some sort of liquid damage (kind of an urgent job, it's been on my desk for almost a year, just had some quick looks, but the owner will soon need to get it back), a MacBook air with the same problem (this one can wait), and an iMac 27" that won't send a signal to the LCD.

Let me just say thank you to everyone on this forum that are contributing schematics, bordviews, and most importantly, a whole lot of knowledge !

Time to open a thread and ask my questions

Comment

Hi everyone!

I just joined, making my first post as requested. I'm not sure what to say exactly. Nice forum

Comment

Hi, my name is Marc an I am new to board level repairs on I.T. euipment, and learning as I go along.

Comment

Hi all,

my name is Ralf, I´m located in Edenkoben, small town in Rhineland-Palatinate, just a few dozen km away from Heidelberg and from K-town.
                                      I try to repair all the electronic-stuff my friends and family manage to break :-)))
                                      Currently I try to fix the fuse of the fan on the mainboard of a lenovo W510. Wish me luck ;-) - regards - Ralf

Comment

Hi!
                                        Greetings from Estonia.
                                        I like dealing with electrical appliances and it has become a hobby.
                                        Helari.

Comment

Good afternoon to everybody.
                                          I'm glad to be entered in this forum. I usually study how to resolve impossible or not ordinary dynamics.
                                          I hope to deep my culture with posts of this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X