This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all. I am new to the forum and wanted to say thanks for making this available. I like to salvage people's old tv's and save them from the dump. I am a tinkerer and have successfully repaired and reintroduced several LCD TV's to the world as refreshed. I also like to build and repair most any computer.

Comment

Hi all Nice to meet ya all.
      One of the best technical forum sites ever created and great people helping each other out.
      Keep posting....

Comment

Just a guy looking to fix his tv. Hopefully I can get some help on this forum.

Comment

1st that was the hardest captcha thing i ever did
          hoping to figure out if i found the right cap for the job

Comment

My name is rocket I'm self taught in electronics and I'm still learning

Comment

My name says it, I've been a banjo playing nerd for 40 years! I've always been a tinkerer and have fixed alot of TV's, cell phones, game systems like Xbox, PS3 etc. Most of the stereo equipment like receivers etc. I find have cracked solder joints and an occasional bad component. I also just finished pulling a motor out of a Honda turbo charged jet ski and put back together. If I can help I'll chime in.

Comment

My name is yoteveo an old retired systems analyst

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

I considered myself a very patient handyman with the ability of self-taught whatever is necessary to DIY tasks. I hate to pay for repairs that I first enjoy to learn and finally could solve.

Comment

Hello all, my name is Welly. I am very interest in electronica repairing. I have little experience with lcd tv, audio, pc and laptop motherboard. And I wish I can learn and gain more knowledge in this forum.

Comment

Hi Topcat, I just joined the forum today and it was difficult to me find the right place where post my introduction.
                      Any way I am glad to join this knowledgable group to share valuable info to learn, fix and enjoy doing our own equipment fixes.

My LG 60PZ550 suddenly quitted to work, every time that is turned on red pilot light goes off and after a while an static sound or white noise and click! turnoff the tv back to little red pilot light.
                      Maybe this happens to some of our members or you can guide me where and how can I find any info to start step by step to diagnose and try to fix this problem.
                      Last edited by yoteveo; 11-21-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone Kyle here, I have a few yrs of messing with electronics and other do daadas. I do enjoy making new things out of old things

Comment

Hello! My name is Chris and I have always been interested bin "fixing" things and playing around with computers. More recently I started tinkering with flat screen tv's that people want to get rid of. I have been watching videos of a gentleman from Tampatech on Youtube which have been very helpful! I've been able to get several tv's working again. I have been trying to get a Toshiba flat screen working and haven't had any luck so far and he advertised the link for this site and here I am! Always looking forward to learning more.

Comment

Hello guys,
                            I am really pleased to join this community. I will be pleased to give the best that I have to help the other members in any forms
                            Regards

Comment

Hello thanks for the forum!

Comment

Hi new member here...greeting from malaysia...hoping to fix my gaming laptop

Comment

Hello

My name is Sune. I work at a high school in Denmark. And I have been servicing teachers macbooks for years. And I want to learn to fix the problem when its on the motherboard. So I'm noob, but exited, and willing to learn. I already downloaded my first schematic from this site, for the water damaged board I'm starting off with. Thank you guys!

- Sune

Comment

hello

Comment

Happy to join! Already found quite a bit of useful info here and I've just started looking!

Comment

Hi everyone, My name is Alex and I like fixing computers and tinkering with web development. I acquire dead TV's every once in a while and like to repair them. I am happy to find this great community of techs

Comment

Hello, my name is José. I'm from Portugal. I like to repair may stuff, as I do not like to pay for it

I'm a system engineer and I have and hobby of ham radio.
                                          regards

Comment

Working...
                                          X