This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my intro

Hi Norman, read your introduction and I'm thinking maybe you could help me out with certain information!

I have a plasma 42inches TC-p42gt25, I have had it for 3 years. The problem started last week.....the power will turn on but the picture and the sound refused to work. After 5 to 10 times of turning it on and off.....the picture and sound comes on. It's taking me almost 20 times now of on and off before I could watch TV. With little technical know-how that I possessed, I figured out that maybe it's the Main Board panel that needs to be fixed.

I need your expertise as I'm thinking maybe you could tell me what actually might need to be changed!

I live in Saskatoon, Canada.

Please let me know what your suggestion is?

Thanks
    Elias

Comment

Re: Oh...what the hey.....

Originally posted by stretch0069 View Post
      Since everyone is being so social, I guess I can adapt...

Started in electronics doing ATC maintenance in the USMC for 10 years. Did four and half years with a company out in Oregon. Did a bit of traveling there.

I like tinkering with anything electronic. Mostly the hardware side. Jack of all trades, master of none. First PC was a 386 in '91-ish. (too many parties cause CRS ) Built first PC in 99-ish based on the ol' VP6. Thanks to a lot of help, I have two now.

Hoping to relocate to the Leesburg, VA area soon. I need gainful employment. ND is toooooo quiet. :o

Gee...other than that, I'm just you average mid-thirties guy with too many ideas and not enough money.
      Hi Strecth, read your introduction and I'm thinking maybe you could help me out with certain information!

I have a plasma 42inches TC-p42gt25, I have had it for 3 years. The problem started last week.....the power will turn on but the picture and the sound refused to work. After 5 to 10 times of turning it on and off.....the picture and sound comes on. It's taking me almost 20 times now of on and off before I could watch TV. With little technical know-how that I possessed, I figured out that maybe it's the Main Board panel that needs to be fixed.

I need your expertise as I'm thinking maybe you could tell me what actually might need to be changed!

I live in Saskatoon, Canada.

Please let me know what your suggestion is?

Thanks
      Elias

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, I'm dickyltz residing in Coldwater, MI. Since this is my first time joining a forum, I would like to ask for your patience, and tolerance I have always had an interest in electronics, troubleshooting and repair. Worked as a bench tech for a decade or so, with a few credit hours of community college. Never good at math though... I leave that up to calculators, they seem to have no trouble at all I have since moved into industrial maintenance... (Working in a T.V. shop around here is a little, or not at all advertised weight loss program) Still find myself wrenching on a thing or two, from time to time. I hope I can provide some insight, as I also have questions. Thank you for welcoming me into your community!

Comment

Hello all, well my start in electronics was tearing a tv apart to see what made it tick. I started into computers with a C64 and when that stopped working I learnt how to fix them. Next I was on a Apple 2e and an 8088 processor machine. I was just happy with that as long as it ran word perfect. Later on I progressed to a 80286 then a Pentium based machine. I love building computers and repairing them as well as smart phones and tablets. I also enjoy programming them when I am not rebuilding them.

Comment

Thank you for the warm greeting, I'm charlie glade to be aboard

Comment

Well Ladies & Gentlemen, (mostly guys maybe??)

My name is Paul. I am a 55 year old male from Tipperary in Ireland who has had an interest in electronics since I was 12 or thereabouts. I am looking forward to posting on this forum and getting some much needed assistance after a disastrous day whereby my Samsung 32" HDTV blew up. I had it installed only 24 hours in my brand spanking new Log Cabin. It was a cold night last night but I didn't switch it on until 13.30 when the sun was well up. There was a lot of condensation on the windows and doors so I presume that there was probably condensation on the circuitry also. That's it for now. Chat later hopefully.

Best,

Paul.

Comment

Hello all. My name is Brian. Im fairly new to working on TVs but not new to electronics. From what i can see so far these forums are exactly what i have needed and look forward to interacting with everyone.

Comment

Hi all I'm an 18 year old repairman for TVs and Im an eBay salesman. Ive had this hobby for 2 years now. I have used your forum a few times to assist some troubleshooting for my projects but never taken the time to make a real account so here it is I guess. Just your average kid, nothing special. Graduated high school and I'm just starting college, still consider myself an amateur so bear with me. Successfully repaired probably 10 projects. Thanks guys.

-Greg

Comment

Hello Everyone! Happy to join this wonderful forum.Thanks to creators.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                      As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                      So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                      where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                      I am a 60 year old law student - following a late passion for the law.

Comment

I am a 60 year old law student - following a late passion for the law.

What does this site have to offer me, or what can I contribute?

Comment

I started out taking a computer program a Pinellas Vocational Technical Institute in 1975 after I had drop out of high school, many military instructors. After I received my GED I went on to graduate Springfield Technical Community College in 1980. I went on to work both in research and production environment until 1994, when surface mounting started in a big way. I have worked with tubes, transistor, ICs, microprocessors, nanoprocessors. Working on equipment such as teletype, sign makers, sub-micro particle analyzers and telecommunication interconnect. The thing I have learned is that the more one thinks they know the more they find they need to learn.

Comment

My name is Ike and I'm pursuing a course in Networking. I also own a computer and flat screen repair shop and will be ready to contribute my quota when the need arises. Thanks for your time in reading my mail.

Comment

Hi everyone ! i'm just a french guy who doesn't speak english very well, and i'm in trouble with my lcd display.
                              I find this website after several hours of search and i hope i will find the solution here !
                              Otherwise i'm 26 years old, i live in south of France (Toulouse) and i work in chemical field.
                              I practicing lots of sports like Track and field (100m, long jump) and recently Crossfit

Thank you for yours future answers !

See you !

Comment

Hi! My name is Chris and i'm from Romania. I've been searching for a place to get assistance for a looong time, and i really hope this is it. I am a beginner in the computer repair business in the chip level. That's where trouble begins.
                                I hope that you can help me and that i can help you!
                                Thanks!

Comment

Hello all

Comment

New here. Hoping to get this tv fixed in due time.
                                    Alan

Comment

Newbie here! Im Davey, engaged with a baby girl on the way

i stumbled upon this site after much searching on Google for a decent place to get advice etc for TV repairs. As i hobby i tinker with electrical repair, consoles, computers, tvs.
                                      I am planning on doing an electrical engineering course at college next year so that i can eventually start my own business.
                                      I did join with the intention of posting regarding a particular problem i am having with a set right now.... but i see restrictions are in place

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I own a Syncmaster 225bw that is having problems and I thought I might get some help with it here.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Hi,

I am new and I am hoping to fix a Samsung s24b350 that has issues with snowy picture and vertical lines on the screen

Comment

Working...
                                          X