Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips Ambilight picture issue

Hello

I have a Philips 40' TV with 3 sided ambilight which started to make tricks. Sometimes when I turn it on id does turn on and ambilight start working but without picture, only sound and ambilight which is working and changing.

After it works for several hours than picture appears. Or if I turn it off and sometimes when I turn it on works.
    Backlight works but only black screen without Philips logo is the case when turn it on and doesnt work. The other times it starts normally. Now when is colder, dont know if it is connected but this issue is more frequent.

What do you think...is it a t-con or power supply capacitor issue and when works some time it charges enough to power the picture?
    Any ideas?!
    Last edited by Semovski; 02-24-2018, 05:49 AM.

Re: Philips Ambilight picture issue

Maybe take the back off and check for bulged capacitors burn marks etc, be careful on the hot side, high voltage can be deadly.

Comment

Good pictures would be nice, need full model number for sure.

Comment

Sorry,
        Forgot to mention that I have removed the back and nothing unusual. Caps were looking good. No burn marks.
        Forgot to take pictures though.
        Is thay the power supply issue.

Have a Samsung monitor which also has no picture but it is because of the led panel that doesnt want to light. And the TV case is Led is ok just panel starts working whenever it wants

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v8DcqCNG4A good video on testing power supply.

Comment

Check and see that all the expected voltages from the legend/little map on the board are correct.

Comment

Working...
            X