Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer LX5090

Hello,

I need some help, I reset my LX5090 a few months ago. Big mistake.

It has white/green sparkles near black and what I can only describe as "dancing-pixels" in bright scenes. There are probably other artifacts I'm not aware of.

Everything is at post-reset defaults, except for RSTP (38), FSAD (168) and XSUB/YSUB (24), and there are 170 hours post-reset (there was originally over 22K hours).

I'm just trying to get my LX5090 back to stock or as close as I can.

Re: Pioneer LX5090

I think i read somewhere that Tom66 says you need the value's from the service menu before you did the reset. It has to do with timing between the panel and boards but im not 100% sure.

What you see is sparkles. Every plasma has it but your symptom is due to the reset.....

You need to wait for Tom to jump in or search the forum.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

This is what Tom said in a different thread!

"Voltage settings is the way to approach it. Don't reset ANYTHING. You will throw your config out of sync with the panel, it may fix problems initially, but it will just get worse over time and you will lose the sync that the control board has with the panel.

What I would recommend is getting the service manual for your set and following the provided guidelines for eliminating maldischarge (usually "Determining the VOFS/VYNOFS1,3,4 point when replacing panel", there are other terms, I am familiar with the PDP-LX5090 panel.)

I have tweaked two PDP-LX5090 panels to fix various issues...they are excellent panels, and have an extraordinary range over which they can be adjusted for best performance"
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

My LX5090 has about 600 hours on it now since the reset, and I was hoping the aging algorithms would sort out the green/white sparkles near black, but it hasn't.

Just wondering if anyone can help

Comment

Working...
        X