Panel or Main Board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel or Main Board?

I have replaced the T-con board on a Samsung UN55C6500VFXZA and still have the same problem.I would hate to spend more money on a main board if it was the panel.I have seen where some panels cost about $200 how much do you think a panel would cost for this.I'll try to upload a pic.In case it don't the pic is all splotchy and can't make out whats on screen OSD same way
    Attached Files

Re: Panel or Main Board?

Same result on all inputs?

I had a Panasonic with a similar issue (a lot of green and pink with banding). It turned out to be the main board.

Is there a chassis number?
    veritas odium parit

Comment

A panel for a 55" LED TV would run about $2500- $3000. You will never find a used panel unless you find a non-working TV with a good panel. If the panel is bad then the TV is only good for parts. It could be the main board so if you can find one cheap enough then go for it. You can always resell parts if it turns out to be the panel.
      Last edited by rayrod81; 10-08-2011, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I've seen this problem before, sometimes it can be rectified by going into the menu and selecting a mode other than Movie.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hopefully alot of people will not make the same mistake I have.I replaced the T-con board with no fix and the only thing left was the main board which I replaced today with same result.If you look at my pic I posted this is a bad panel.Give $20 for TV,invested$230,expensive lesson

Comment

Wow. Hopefully you can get some money back by reselling the boards. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Horrible failure for a less than 2 year old set.

Toast

[ EDIT: Was that a -new- main board? ]
            Last edited by Toasty; 10-15-2011, 12:24 AM.
            veritas odium parit

Comment

Yes,new T-con and new main

Comment

Working...
              X