Memorex MLT3221 - No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Memorex MLT3221 - No Power

It tested good but I guess changing it is worth a try, I don't have the 5sbv or any voltage on CON3 I guess it just shut down while they were watching it. After seeing all the bulging caps I can understand why. But changing all the caps didn't seem to make a difference. Changing D10 today, I'll let you know what happens

Comment

I finally gave up and replaced the power board. Fixed the TV
      Thanks for the help

Comment

Thank you guys, i've been reading the forum for a little while because i have a momorex tv with the same power supply like Dgtech and the same problem so i decided to replace diode
        d10 and that was it. Tv working perfect now. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dgtech View Post
          It was my mistake, you were right about the part number. I checked out those components and found that they were good. I changed the cap just to be sure - same result.

I did find a shorted diode at D10. This diode is marked as HER304. I have circled it on the attatched photo. It is attatched to a heatsink and is standing upright. As also seen in the 2nd photo. This is the classic case of "I thought I checked that before". Taking notes would have made all the difference.

Now I have to find a solution for a match if I cant find the exact component.
          Her's a picture of the D10 diode

Comment

I've worked on a few of these and changed the 450v caps but also found that soldering joints on the micro down in the corner by the led on the power supply can keep the inverter from turning on. The soldering joints did not look bad but they were.

Comment

Hi saw this posts ended ages ago ... Any idea why the tubes would be overdriven ?
              My TV is tedelex with the exact board and rev numbers and got it up and running reading all the post and help..but it's white out at the moment. And for some arb reason I have audio on the headphone jack but none on the speakers.volume , channels , menu etc all works.. But seem I have no control... In saying that what voltage should be at the AGN pin , I have my 5v,20v , stdby5v,and 12v... Any ideas would be appreciated. Can't seem to load pics from my iphone..
              School fees paid as everyday is a learning curve.

Comment

Hi. I would like to keep the long story short. I got a BUSH TV with a problem: no power.

PSU number: 200-P00-HM150H
                Rev.no.: 1.8 2006.11.25

I took it apart to see,what can be the problem. C17 & C18 were blown. I replaced them,then i got power,but no screen. I never checked it with flashlight,but i guess,there could be something,cause the inverter didn't want to work only. The LED on the PSU was flashing every second too. Then I found out, F2 is blown. Replaced it,powered on,but the fuse was blown straight away. I was keep looking for broken parts,then i found out, Q16 & Q17 were gone too. I measured 0.0000 on every ways. Replaced them with F2 and now,Voila,the TV working great. So,just the main things...

Parts to be replaced: C17 & C18: 10uF/450V
                Q16 & Q17: FQFP9N50CF
                F2: 250V/3.15A

I hope,i could help for a few people,but don't forget,it's my story only. Good luck everyone.

Comment

I have a IPOS 150 rev 3.3.

My R55 resistor is pink ceramic and has gold silver violet yellow bands which digikey identifies as 470 megaohm. The schematic for the board clearly labels R55 as 0.47ohm. To complicate matters my R55 measures 2.1ohm out of circuit. I think I need to replace this resistor but with what value?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Rock City View Post
                    I have a IPOS 150 rev 3.3.

My R55 resistor is pink ceramic and has gold silver violet yellow bands which digikey identifies as 470 megaohm. The schematic for the board clearly labels R55 as 0.47ohm. To complicate matters my R55 measures 2.1ohm out of circuit. I think I need to replace this resistor but with what value?
                    You forget to add the resistance of your meter probes to the value of that 0.47 Ohms resistor to get the TOTAL resistance value. The resistor is fine, when they are bad they go open circuit.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                    X