Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDD not start after board start - Why?

Hello.
    Have now two boards that i noticed that disk is not spining when board starts.
    It is some specific reason for that? like kbc or soutbridge, or notrhbridge?

Re: HDD not start after board start - Why?

Depends on the mb. Older c2d mb -can be southbridge, mb with pch-again can be pch fault. Sometimes ec bios is the culprit. +5v present on hdd connector??

Comment

Is it POSTing properly? If BIOS doesn't run, HDD may not start.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

have two that disc not running. one ASUS X553MA with SOC stupid owner dont prowide me ram and after few hours of struggling when i repair main powers, i see on youtube video that they put in DDR3L ram in. and i m givin in it DDR3 ram. witth DDR3L all work.

second one HP 625 again without ram and processor. after replace ATI NB IGP still no joy. and after hour of checking, when i check if it didnt want again DDR3L i see that processor is not athlon I but athlon II. after change everything works.

I HATE OWNERS WHO DONT PROVIDE ME RAM AND PROCESSOR. I WANNA KILL v

so it looks like u must have full post for disk start
        Last edited by ktmmotocross; 02-15-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

repairing laptops without original parts is not acceptable. make them provide everything even the original AC adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
            repairing laptops without original parts is not acceptable. make them provide everything even the original AC adapter.
            Better before make something I will check by board spec what it needs. then i will not be addicted to their stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
              Is it POSTing properly? If BIOS doesn't run, HDD may not start.
              On a desktop, the HDDs probably will still spin, especially with CPU init failure, probably a bad LGA socket pin. (Just like how the LEDs still light up)

(A classic sign of CPU init failure, is, it powers up, but no boot and no BIOS bleeping at all.) ->And I'm like, no shit, Sherlock! How can the BIOS even bleep when the CPU is unconscious?!

(But some motherboards have an LED to signal a CPU init failure and the same for RAM init failure and video init failure.)

(With an Asus ROG ATX motherboard, expect a red-LED-of-doom, likely for a bad LGA socket pin.)

(On an Asus ROG ATX motherboard, if you see a red LED and it stays there, but the HDD still spins, first thing to check, is the LGA socket!)
              Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 02-15-2019, 09:25 PM.
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
              X